Now I understand...

fatcyclist

...why cycling is where it is in SA....

I won't go in to the details, but lets just say my visit to drop 3 licence applications off at CSA offices in Tableview this morning was probably on par with eating at the Spur...no...I've had better customer service at the Spur...

It wasn't so much that they needed one piece of info (easily rectified via email), but more the attitude in the smoke filled room. It bordered on this poster:

20070118_012746_Always_look_on_.JPG

Ok, now I've finished ranting. Lets see if I get my licence any time soon..Confused

Well, it took almost 48 hours to get a quote from Budget Insurance. I eventually spoke to a manager and was done 10 minutes later.

...why cycling is where it is in SA....

I won't go in to the details' date=' but lets just say my visit to drop 3 licence applications off at CSA offices in Tableview this morning was probably on par with eating at the Spur...no...I've had better customer service at the Spur...

It wasn't so much that they needed one piece of info (easily rectified via email), but more the attitude in the smoke filled room. It bordered on this poster:

20070118_012746_Always_look_on_.JPG

Ok, now I've finished ranting. Lets see if I get my licence any time soon..Confused
[/quote'] Yup Fatty they want you to do their work for them, got the same cold shoulder when i went there, i felt like i was invading their space.....

Yup Fatty they want you to do their work for them' date=' got the same cold shoulder when i went there, i felt like i was invading their space.....[/quote'] ...but they had no problem taking the licence money / fees LOL

It appears to be the same old story,  "YOU ONLY DO WHAT WE SAY AND WHEN WE SAY SO"

I requested some information from the national development officer and was told it is not his job we the clubs must get of our backsides and do it, now I ask you how does my club plan fit into the provincial/national plan if they do not distribute theirs to the clubs as guidelines to work from and formulate around theirs with a common goal in mind.

Strange that these are persons nominated into the positions as custodians of the sport on our behalf treating us in the manner they do, why then accept the position if you not willing to do the work you volunteered to do? 

Coming back to this thread. Is anyone actually issued with receipts for the money paid to them? I forgot to ask for one yesterday, and heard from someone else "they post it to you", then you never get it "it got lost in the post", and when you ask for a duplicate "they don't keep copies"...

Pardon my ignorance, but isn't it law / legislation to keep financial records for X amount of years? Auditors will have a field day!!

just to correct a perception. the CSA office staff don't run cycling in SA they are just office staff.period. i haven't had a problem at all dealing with them because i make sure that the forms are filled in completely and correctly and they have been signed by all the appropiate people and are on the club schedule with the correct amount of money. i took forms in on a Thursday and our members received the licenses in the post on the Monday. i agree with you their smoking stinks.

Coming back to this thread. Is anyone actually issued with receipts for the money paid to them? I forgot to ask for one yesterday' date=' and heard from someone else "they post it to you", then you never get it "it got lost in the post", and when you ask for a duplicate "they don't keep copies"...

Pardon my ignorance, but isn't it law / legislation to keep financial records for X amount of years? Auditors will have a field day!!
[/quote']

Hi Fatty, no they don't issue receipts for money paid to them, but if you ask, Joanne will just write on a letterhead that she confirms that they have received your money (that's what I have done) and then you just keep that for your team/club etc record purposes.  Its just as good as a receict. And if you pay it in electronically you have those copies as your proof of payment.

Guys & girls, you must keep in mind, the admin staff at CSA is tremendously under pressure this time of the year.  They work l-o-n-g overtime hours to get ALL  the licenses done before end of Jan.  So be kind  to them Hug  (No they don't pay me to say this)Wink

But I have to agree with the smoking part Dead

Apathy = not bothering to run a spell-check on a motivational poster Confused

Think it's the Yank spelling (??)

I thought that smoking in the workplace or any public place was against the law.

I tend to get stroppy now and tell people to stub it out. 

A sports organisation like CSA should have no tolerance with smoking and with law breakers. The CEO should uphold the law of the land.