Raleigh Pricing

Eugene

I wrote off my raleigh rc 6000 about 3 months ago was a  2005 model with 105 ' date=' cost me R7500.00 then

Luckly was inshured for more , upgrades to a FELT F4

Full carbon frame ultegra SL  RS20 wheels (ceramic bearings in rear durailer)

Paid R20000.00

I think raleigh have gone BANANAS
[/quote']

Maybe now is a good time to re-asses the replacement value of my bikes.

That is an excellent ideaClap

I am going to do that in the morning.

I got a fright the last time I valued my Santa Cruz(40k)so I am expecting the worst.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Raleigh MR 5.0 (full susser) is specced similar (but IMHO lower) than the '08 Giant Anthem 2.  My LBS still has the 08 Anthem 2 for about R 15.5 K' date=' and reckons the '09 equivalent price should be about R 20K.  Now ask yourself:  R20K for a better-specced Giant or R 25K for the Raleigh..mmmm... [/quote']

Even if the prices were reversed (R25k for the Giant and R20k for the Raleigh) I'd still rather go for the Giant.

I'm not bashing The Big R, but apart from maybe a Racer-X or something similiar I don't think there are many bikes out there who can compete with the Anthem. In it's range of course. Pricing aside, the Anthem is one mighty fine bike. IMO beats a Spark based on value for money and ride.

BTW, one of the top three best second hand bikes you can buy is a new Raleigh. See? I don't always bash Raleigh!
The Crow2008-12-02 08:59:29

Now if you are really keen on a Raleigh...

Cajees Princess Crossing has loads of stock.... from the year 19 voetsek to 09 models...

How this shop operates I have no idea.... Its like a flea market in there... Bikes and product everywhere in a constant state of unpacking...

But I like to browse occasionally and see how many identical bikes have totally and wildly diff prices on them...LOL

I actually like to buy in a shop like that.!

It shows me they are prosperous and moving stock which means generally they are busy.

The best dive shop I have ever been into was in Marseille in France, it had a similar system, boxes everywhere, bits all over the place, stuff stuck in the ceiling etc, compressors roaring in the back, empty cylinders all over..........  if you wanted something you called the assistant (he never came to you) who looked like a hobo in short pants and a scruffy shirt, asked him what you needed, he scratched his head, dived under a few boxes and comes out with your requirements!!.Big%20smile

As for pricing it was a similar affair, he would scratch his chin mumble something, you tell him its too expensive, he rolls his eyes and gives you a better price, you haul out your card and pay.

Great fun, and the shop is ALWAYS packed full with stock and customers.

You can keep your glitzy half baked shops, give me a real experience anytime.!

I just got a bottom of the range Trek MTB from Westdene Cycles for R3100 last week, 2008 model but why bother paying 25%-30% more for a 2009 bike when the only difference most times is the paint job?? applies to all brands, not just raleigh.

I wrote off my raleigh rc 6000 about 3 months ago was a  2005 model with 105 ' date=' cost me R7500.00 then

Paid R20000.00

[/quote']

Paid R17999 for my Felt F4 Big%20smile

Petrol's come down so the price of bikes and milk will follow suite!!

Not bacon though. Flying pigs are hard to catch.

Fuel Price Reduction has to do with crude oil and dollar. When fuel prices come so should consumer products such as milk and fruit and veggies and other transported goods.

Bike price reduction has to do with dollar, raw material costs and the illuminati. Can't see it coming down any time soon as the R/USD is still not looking too good and raw material costs are still on the up.

Fuel Price Reduction has to do with crude oil and dollar. When fuel prices come so should consumer products such as milk and fruit and veggies and other transported goods.

Bike price reduction has to do with dollar' date=' raw material costs and the illuminati. Can't see it coming down any time soon as the R/USD is still not looking too good and raw material costs are still on the up.
[/quote']

commodities and raw prices are way down.

Typical South African market trend.  You build up a fan base/large selling base, get the customer hooked and then NAIL them!

Paid R20000.00

[/quote']

Paid R17999 for my Felt F4 Big%20smile

How r u finding your bike?

Im loving mine.