2flats in 2weeks

1hill@aTime

i use to ride a mtb with a set of liners in no problem, i'm using liners in my road bike, i have had two flats now in two weeks, and they all liners related flats, it wasn't caused by the overlap join it's on the side walls, where the liner rubs against the tubes, i have taken the front liner out yesterday when i go a flat some distance away from home, the back one is in, i know it's going to do the same...

so my question here is, is it really bad liners or they just not made for 700/23 tires

dankie ouens 

Ek dink nie jy moet met liners ry nie. Ek het nog nooit van iemand gehoor wat nie probleme met die goet kry nie. Baie mense rave oor Conti se Gatorskin tyres maar ek het nog geen papwiele met Maxxis se Detonators gehad nie (touch wood).

Selfs in MTB tyres raak daai goed nou absoluut. Daar is 'n klompie wat of met slime in hulle tubes ry of heeltemal tubeless gaan. Of heltemal UST met spesiale rims en tyres of met Stans/Joes conversions. Almal lyk gelukkig met hulle keuses.

Sterkte met jou soektog en welkom baie 'n kief forum.

and another thing do you think the liners will slow your freewheeling speed, i'm just saying my mtb seemed like it freewheeled down hill alot quicker, the road bike i'm using is pretty good i think, just can't seem to get the same speeds.

and another thing do you think the liners will slow your freewheeling speed' date=' i'm just saying my mtb seemed like it freewheeled down hill alot quicker, the road bike i'm using is pretty good i think, just can't seem to get the same speeds.[/quote']

You will not get the same speeds. The rolling resistance from MTB tyres are way more then on road tyres.

Ek het slym in my tubes laat tap. Nogal upset gewees dat ek nou al 'n paar maande gery het sonder 'n flat. En waar-ag-tag eergister trap ek 'n stukkie glas. No prob. Die slym het my fiets net 'n bietjie vuil gemaak, maar hy het die gat geseel en ek kon gemaklik huistoe ry.

Weird genoeg was hy die volgende oggend pap. Gedog die goed werk so dat jy hom net weer styf pomp en dan weer aangaan.