NCR - If you loose your job

Rookie101

I cannot believe this, after sending written notes / letters to all me debtors, explaining that I have lost my job, am not able to make any payments until I find a new job, notifying them again, that payments will continue end Jan 2009 when I will recieve my 1st salary... all response I get.....

Thank you for the comment. Failment to make payment by end of business today will go into legal action!!!!!

If you just stay quiet and do not pay, they sh*t themselves, make arrangements and be honest about the problem, then sh*t themselves even more!!!!!!

Thanx, now I feel better

Sh*t, you do the right thing but still get that sort of answer Angry

My guess is that if you actually speak to soemeone higher up in the food chain you might get a better response....? (annoying as this might be)

Good luck

Had the same issue with my wife the last 2 months. She started her new job on Monday - ergo 1st paycheck 31/12!! What don't they understand! At this stage I tell them to hand it over for collection - we'll make exactly the same offer and it will be accepted! BLOODY IDIOTS

Processes..... - i dont even know where to start

I am a victim of red tape, processes, bureaucracy everyday as well.

The humanity and compassion is non-existant - they have reduced us to mindless drones that must conform our imperfect (human) selves to an apparently perfect system.

R.A.M.

best of luck to you...

They're probably excercising their right to reclaim all monies as and when they deem appropriate, but then it's probably a coal-powered peanut guzzler (read - monkey) taking care of your account.

Just phone them up, ask to speak to your account manager or his/her manager and explain your situation. They're normally accommodating with this sort of thing. Happened to me earlier this year when left my old place of employment.

Bottom line, just keep the pressure on, and they MUST accommodate you. You've told them your situation and they have a duty to help you pay...

soos wat ek dit verstaan kan 'n mens vir 'n dept counselor by die bank aansoek doen. Hulle reel dan met die mense vir wie jy geld skuld en hulle mag nie dan legal action neem nie. Dink dit is wetgewing wat saam met die NCA uitgekom het.  Ek kan verkeerd wees, maar dit gebeur baie min. Wink

You have notified them of your predicament, but they can still proceed legally against you if you do not pay something, you need to show some commitment as well, make an effort to pay anything, even if its only R50.00 - as long as you pay something, theres nothing they can do.

Same thing happened with me except for ABSA for said no problem, gave another 30 days on my car and extended my overdraft. This happened about 15 years ago and to this date I amn still with ABSA.  

Same thing happened with me except for ABSA for said no problem' date=' gave another 30 days on my car and extended my overdraft. This happened about 15 years ago and to this date I amn still with ABSA.  [/quote']

Hmmm, the world was a differant place 15 years ago mdk555.!!Wink

Just make a "SMALL PAYMENT", its when "NO PAYMENT" is recieved that creditors get jittery.

Same thing happened with me except for ABSA for said no problem' date=' gave another 30 days on my car and extended my overdraft. This happened about 15 years ago and to this date I amn still with ABSA.  [/quote']

I missed one payment with ABSA, but then managed to keep on paying every month. About 3 months down the line they started calling me every day asking when I was going to pay the outstanding amount.  They were quite happy if I lied to them and said the end of the month, but didn't like it if I said I am expecting money, but don't know if it is this month ot the next, so they carried on calling every day and I carried on saying that I would pay when I could.  In the end it got a bit ridiculous.

I did pay them, and am about to pay the full amount outstanding, but because of their system, I don't think I will be looking at them again. But then, are the other banks any different. I don't know. Thanks goodness I am slowly getting myself into a position that I won't need them for loans.

Pay as much as you can afford to and remember interest is still charged on the balance outstanding. Some places i've seen this can be as high as 32%

I did pay them' date=' and am about to pay the full amount outstanding, but because of their system, I don't think I will be looking at them again. .
[/quote']

I dont get it. You missed a payment. They kept phoning you to make the payment, and now they are the bad guys?

I did pay them' date=' and am about to pay the full amount outstanding, but because of their system, I don't think I will be looking at them again. .

[/quote']

I dont get it. You missed a payment. They kept phoning you to make the payment, and now they are the bad guys?

EVERY SINGLE DAY, and even twice on some days. Come on!! Once a week maybe, especially since I was still paying all my other installments to them.

If I lied to them and said, "ja I'll pay at the end of next month" they say they wouldn't have kept calling me. Let's be reasonable. Do they want the truth or me to lie.

Rookie, I sympathize with your situation, but on the flip side, My business sufferes when my clients dont pay or pay late, its about cashflow, lost income, interest, etc which then impacts on my paying clients. I therefore have to take a hard line with non payers, sounds brutal I know but I also have bills to pay and a family to support.

Still struggling to pay off the overdraft after 15 years? LOL