Polar S720i Problem..

Zaskar

Has anyone experienced this before? My watch doesn?t want to download the exercise data into the PC. It keeps telling me ?No Answer form Wrist Unit? and the watch sometimes says ?Failed? on the display! It manages to download the watches settings and it tells me the number of exercise files on the watch but when you click the Exercise Files? button ?No Answer form Wrist Unit? is all I get. <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

It?s never done this before, and the watch is almost 2 years old.  Im running the latest update of Polar Precision Performance SW ver. 4, and using the Polar USB IR device. I have uninstalled both the software and the IR reader, and reinstalled them, but still nothing.

Any advice?

Time to call the guys in Midrand I suppose?  

Ditto - battery.  Try moving it a little further away for a temporary solution but basically it needs to go to IHF for a new battery.

Yes I have the same problem, have never been able to download anything - pity would have some interesting hill profiles.

<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

My problem was not the battery as it still does the same even with a new battery

I spoke to the local polar guys at a exhibition and they managed to get it to work on their laptop, so I guess the problem is something small in the software settings, admittedly I never followed thru and got it working, one day ??

There was some help offered by Popeye and Sir Fed regarding this, see the link below.   

https://www.bikehub.co.za/forum_posts.asp?TID=4447&KW=720i

Thanks guys for your input!

Ill try take it in  for a battery change asap. Tried changing the settings as per your post Swiss, but still no joy Unhappy.

Lets see if a new battery makes a difference.

could be settings on the pc. I had similar problems with my cyclosport hac4. It still does it with my pc at home but on a laptop dont have a problem. Try get the IT boffins to check the comm port settings could be the bits per second tranfer rate.

this was the soulution to my upload problem.

Question: When receiving data with the HACTronic, a ?timeout? message appears. If this message appears, the data must be re-entered.

Answer: The problem with termination at 99% is caused by the following: The read occurs in a one-way communication between the interface (HAC4) and the PC/laptop.  This means that a direct confirmation regarding the ?quality? of the data is not possible.  This circumnavigates the HACTronic through a test amount that is calculated in the software from the received data and is checked out with the HAC4 test amount. Since the read time (regardless of the memory contents) is always the same, the HACTronic knows exactly when this test amount must be sent. If it arrives earlier or later (than calculated), an error message appears. This explains the process.
In this specific case, the data transfer is interrupted; i.e., even though only 99% of the data was transferred, the software already expects the test amount.   In laptops, the disruption is generally caused by power managers; this sends its data via the ComPorts and disrupts the transfer. One solution to the problem is to remove the battery (it activates the power manager even with network operation) from the device so that the laptop runs as a network device. Then, in almost all cases, you will receive the value.
Another story is the switch of the hardware manager (Com1) to the ?Hardware? protocol and the decrease in the selection sensitivity (it will be slower); this can all be found under Settings / Control Panel / Hardware / Device Manager / (but this solution is usually only necessary for desktop PCs; with laptops, it is usually the power manager that interrupts the transfer with its senseless data transfer via the ComPorts).
The one-way transfer does have the advantage that the interface can be more efficiently delivered and that the user does not need an additional power supply.

Potential Solution:
If you have problems, you should check the COM interface in the hardware settings. Set the protocol to hardware and the buffer to slow. This should solve the problem.

Maybe some1 can help me aswell, ever since I downloaded the update me speed AV and Max have been looking weird, how do I fix this???

20070125_010248_wtf.gif

go to Options-Person Properties-Sports, then select the sport you want to change (Cycling or what ever you have called it), then edit, and click the drop down box for "Pace". default is automatic. Then justy change it back to KM/H. that fixed mine.

Thanks guys for all your help!!Thumbs%20Up

Took the watch into IHF yesterday, 20 minutes later it had a new battery and new seals, and this morning its working perfectly Big%20smile

Thanks guys for all your help!!Thumbs%20Up

Took the watch into IHF yesterday' date=' 20 minutes later it had a new battery and new seals, and this morning its working perfectly Big%20smile
[/quote']

Zaskar:How much did IHF charge u?

Zaskar:How much did IHF charge u?

R90 and they have a credit card machine, so you dont have to carry cash

So now you can assist me with thew following, since downloading the new version, things get quite corrupt if I try and change the X axis time to distance or visa versa. anyone had a similar problem?

Oh and another thing, I have just had the guts of my 720i replaced, under warranty. Thanks IHF no questions asked. it now appears as if the minimum record interval is 5 seconds. is this in fact so? I seem to think that the old one could record at 1 second intervals.

Or am I just confused???