Protein shakes

Moab

Agree with Fand. I went to see a dietitian almost 3 months ago - and have lost almost 8kg's. Feeling fantastic.

First visit was R200. We go for "weigh-ins" every two weeks, R20 per visit.

I lost 6KG's in about 2 months being my own dietitian!! Was not really overweight either... But then again, I have been in cycling for about 12 years and I know how my body works and what it wants when... Rather go see a dietitian!!! LOL

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been using USN Pure Protein shake as breakfast for 1.5 years now and it does work great.

Protein helps the muscles to repair themselves after a hard session, very important for recovery.

Protein is also more difficult for your body to digest so it uses more energy to digest it  therefore raising your metabolic rate, also  beneficial to losing weight.

Protein also has the ability to make you feel full after a shake so you don't want to snack for some time after the shake. Good for weight  loss.

Obviously if you eat too much protein shake you will put on weight especially if you do Hard Gym type exercise, but aerobic exercise like cycling won't make you build  huge muscles although it will allow your cycling to improve because your cycling muscles will grow stronger quicker than if youhave a high carb diet.

Agree with Fand. I went to see a dietitian almost 3 months ago - and have lost almost 8kg's. Feeling fantastic.

First visit was R200. We go for "weigh-ins" every two weeks' date=' R20 per visit.

[/quote'] I lost 6KG's in about 2 months being my own dietitian!! Was not really overweight either... But then again, I have been in cycling for about 12 years and I know how my body works and what it wants when... Rather go see a dietitian!!! LOL

Yeah, you can get a long way to your goal just by cutting out the crap we usually eat. But sometimes you just need to hear it from someone else. Had I not made that appointment, I would either still have been on 80kg, or if I had controlled the snacking, been around 78kgs. I NEVER would have reached 73kgs had I not gone to the dietician.

Yeah' date=' you can get a long way to your goal just by cutting out the crap we usually eat. But sometimes you just need to hear it from someone else. Had I not made that appointment, I would either still have been on 80kg, or if I had controlled the snacking, been around 78kgs. I NEVER would have reached 73kgs had I not gone to the dietician.
[/quote']

I have to agree... I know what to do for myself and learned by trial and error... But you cant go wrong by going to an expert!!

First visit was R200. We go for "weigh-ins" every two weeks' date=' R20 per visit.

[/quote'] I lost 6KG's in about 2 months being my own dietitian!! Was not really overweight either... But then again, I have been in cycling for about 12 years and I know how my body works and what it wants when... Rather go see a dietitian!!! LOL

Yeah, you can get a long way to your goal just by cutting out the crap we usually eat. But sometimes you just need to hear it from someone else. Had I not made that appointment, I would either still have been on 80kg, or if I had controlled the snacking, been around 78kgs. I NEVER would have reached 73kgs had I not gone to the dietician.

if you dont mind me asking... how tall are you ?

I am eating my favourite form of protein - peanut butter! whilst waiting for the diet docs to call back LOL

I have tried a EVOX low carb protein drink for recovery after a ride and it really made a difference to my training without any weight issue. Try find a low card protein drink

Around 1.88m

Yeah' date=' you can get a long way to your goal just by cutting out the crap we usually eat. But sometimes you just need to hear it from someone else. Had I not made that appointment, I would either still have been on 80kg, or if I had controlled the snacking, been around 78kgs. I NEVER would have reached 73kgs had I not gone to the dietician.
[/quote']

Around 1.88m

Hey Fondue Fork... What is your body fat %??? Must tell your Dietitian you want some muscle as well!!!

Nah, I am just jealous again!! LOL But I will get to my weight still...

The *best* thing you can do is go see a dietician.

smiley32.gifsmiley32.gifsmiley32.gifsmiley32.gif

Not so, the best thing you can do is listen to that voice inside your head the next time your hand moves towards your mouth.

I used to listen all the time and still weight less than what I did in the army 26 years ago.

Nowadays I only listen every second day...

Okay, so I saw the nutritionist!

They ask a lot of questions!! But, after a lot of money, i have an eating plan. Best thing is that i can eat dessert! I have to go shopping after work. Grumpf. Funny thing is that I dont eat nearly half of the amounts she suggests!

I dont need to take a protein shake - just an immune and antioxidant suppliment.

Thanks for all your help guys.

Karen - yes' date=' um R1000 bucks for first visit!!! I am waiting for friend to return to her Skype to advise me but wanted advise from friendly hubbers.

?

How many of you use protein shakes? Any girls who use it?
[/quote']

im a female...very thin stature...so i take protein shakes to maintain my weight and definately not lose my weight!!

very good for after a tough workout or hard ride!!!

ps. just remember to wash your protein shake bottle..............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Karen - yes' date=' um R1000 bucks for first visit!!! I am waiting for friend to return to her Skype to advise me but wanted advise from friendly hubbers.

How many of you use protein shakes? Any girls who use it?
[/quote']

im a female...very thin stature...so i take protein shakes to maintain my weight and definately not lose my weight!!
very good for after a tough workout or hard ride!!!

ps. just remember to wash your protein shake bottle..............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very very important!!!!!Dead