Height, please help

enigma

Im about 5.9(167cm)_ give or take a bit.  I can get a very nice MTB but only in a 16 inch.  Do you think the bike will be a bit too small.  

Take it for a ride. If the "cockpit" feels to cramp then it's too small. Don't worry about the seat height, that can be changes easely.

Titus is correct.

I'm 1.76 and rode the trance2 18" (med), then I baught the Anthem and got the 16".

The reason is that the Anthem's "cockpit" is much longer than the trance and therefor the 16".

Go check it out, every make and model can differ. Thats why you will notice that mtb'rs always have these loonnggg seatpost sticking out compared to the road bikes.

If you are 167 cm well Im that too (168) and Im very comfy om my small frames. but you should see what length your legs are and see how the bike feels.

Titus is correct.

I agree with this statement in principal but what is it exactly that I'm correct about (this time)?

its all about the top tube, I started riding 17's instead of 16's although I was weary about having less seat post extension, the longer cockpit felt much better.

thats "cockpit"......get your mind outta the gutter.

I am also looking at getting a mtb but the sizes confuse me, im 1.96m and ride a 65 frame roadbike, how can I convert that to mountain bike size.

also 167cm and have a Fuji MTB, which is a compact frame and it's a 16', and it's unbeleivably comfortable.

My road bike is a small (or54) and is not a compact frame and I ride stretched, even with the shortest stem available to man kind.

But I agree, before you buy it take it for a ride and feel. But dont just ride that one, because if you are a beginner and don't know what you're doing it's going to feel right. Ride a bike smaller than that  and one bigger as well and then feel what feels more comfy.

my 2c