H2H starting times

tazman

Licensed ladies at 05h30

Which brings me to a question - any reason why the ladies start 25 mins before anyone else?  We're going to get caught so why not just start us later then anyway?

From what I read the ladies moan that the group passing them interfere with their racing ..... Hopefully the ladies should not be passed by many groups .... as this is a high average race!

From what I read the ladies moan that the group passing them interfere with their racing ..... Hopefully the ladies should not be passed by many groups .... as this is a high average race!

I've only done the H2H once a few years back.  I remember Malcolm Lange won in just over 2 hours and then Anriette Schoeman took the ladies race in about 2h29.  So if the start times are the same then the elite mens sprint was hot on the ladies sprint.

Maybe it's for the crowd's entertainment - have the sprints coming in one after the other and not a long wait inbetween?

In theory no groups should catch the ladies this year. The winning time last year was 2:30 and if I'm correct the tandem winners did a time of 2:12. With a 25 minute head start they should finish before the tandems catch them

ianC, just remember that there is going to be a lot of pinching at the front end of the tandems this year so they will most prolly go muuuuuch faster than previous years..... the rest of us shouldn't catch the ladies (theoretically) though Wink

Ok - was just wondering why they start the ladies first and not the elite men for example?  Smile

Slowpoke, maybe the tandem riders enjoy the pinching so much that they don't want to get to the finish then evn the Z bunch might catch the tandems.

Tazman I'm also starting in C might see you there.

Hulle gee die vrouens genoeg tyd om weg te kom, want al die groepe wat hulle inhaal en verbyvat meng in met hulle koek en tee partytjie. Dis ook bietjie moeilik om resepte uit te ruil as jy die heeltyd moet linkshou en konsentreer om uit die vinniger mense se pad uit te bly. Dan is daar ook nog die "in-fighting" en "bitching" sessies, so, soos jy kan sien het hulle al die ekstra tyd nodig wat hulle kan kry... Wonder of Yolandi daar gaan wees...

amoryns, maybe that's a good thing.. now how do we keep her "die $%^ in" until sunday???? Evil%20Smile (then the ladies can really show everyone what a tea party is as they swit shilling out at the finish line waiting for everyone to get there because they started so early and grappies pushed the pace so hard that the 25 minute gap is twice as long as it needs to be.....)

Maybe we should have a collection for a special incentive for the first lady if she finishes under 2:15Evil%20Smile

The politics at the 94.7 hurt the ladies a lot more than I think they realise. I watched it and wanted to kick all their asses for acting like that.

I hope this year they will all do their sponsors proud.

I think like most of the ladies said after the 94.7 it was a lesson learnt and that won't happen again. Hopefully we see a good race on Sunday.

Unfortunately for the ladies they have to be at the start line before I get up.Big%20smile