Wingerd Robbery

ZippIt

OMW - just had my wallet and phone and team mates phone stolen out of the car at the funride this am!!! WHAT A MISSIONCryCryCryCry

and the funny thing is the car was locked and no sign of forced entry!

No!!!  I was also there.  A pity to have such a nice day spoilt.  Did you park on the field or in the streets?   What car do you drive?  Just want to know how they got into it.  What about alarm (if you have one)

Sorry to hear about your bad luck

There must be a sindicate or something in the Somerset West area, because I recall a few of our clubmembers had the same thing happen to them at last years Lourensford mtb ride.

Please make sure you stop any stolen credit cards immediatly, as they use these to shop as soon as they get their thieving hands on them! Angry

good luck in replacing all your lost cards etc.

now that is not nice at all .. I dropped my phone last year at the west coast park funride and was lucky to have someone pick it up and hand it back in to the announcer.

OMW - just had my wallet and phone and team mates phone stolen out of the car at the funride this am!!! WHAT A MISSIONCryCryCryCry

and the funny thing is the car was locked and no sign of forced entry!

Heard that someone else had frame, wheel and cycling shoes stolen out their car. Same MO ..all items discreetly stolen (they even closed my wallet after taking atm card). they want you to find out as late as possible to give them time to spend your money...as WW said.

PPA ...can we please pay R500 to some security company (ADT, etc...), hire them for the day, instead of us collectively losing how many R1000's in wallets, bike parts,...let alone countless hours spent getting SIM swaps, cancelling cards, queuing in banks...AngryAngryAngry

Other than that, had good fun. Race was well marshalled .. thanx to PPA for all their hard work

Nice one Erik and Andrew for their break away effort. they got 65sec up on us at one stage Clap

So what do you guys say to all putting R1 in a collection jar to pay for security guards?? Plsssssssss!!!