Ride Mag vs Bicycling ?

shade

Brilliant' date=' yes I think he is Belgium. Him Mannequin-Pis and beer together with a few chocolates were the only things to come out of belgium, Unless you cound Tintin and Jean-claude van damme. [/quote']

Keep Tintin out of this! Angry

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant' date=' yes I think he is Belgium. Him Mannequin-Pis and beer together with a few chocolates were the only things to come out of belgium, Unless you cound Tintin and Jean-claude van damme. [/quote']

Eddy Merckx

Tom Boonen

Rene Magritte

Hercule Poirot

(Although the last two were not cyclists.)

As TitusTi said, Tintin counts but Jean-Claude van Damme I'm Stoopid does not!

forget the both of them' date=' February will bring us issue one of Vdub magazine - local performance and tuning VW mgasine (brought to yuo by the guys behing speed & sound)

http://blog.autostyle.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/vdub.jpg

[/quote']

Nay my Bru, dis befok ek se'. Daddy, Daddy kykie mags Daddy hulle is mos shiny.....

ROFLMAO....jasis colonel that cracked me up! LOLLOLLOL

Bicycling is the better mag' date=' IMO[/quote']

What does this have to do with Tintin or belgians?

Ok This post went on a heck of a tangent.

Question: If you had to constructively critisize the 2 mags in question what sort of design advice would you give, Colours, busy, not busy enough, other kinds of pics, crazier ideas?...

I've done some writing for Ride and I've given Tim Brink lots and lots of grief about his Bicycling cover photos. Personally I prefer Ride, purely because it shows me people actually riding bikes, and local races.

Bicycling shows me people on bikes I can't afford with fake smiles. And 'style man'?? WTF?? I wear the kit my sponsor gives me...stylish or not...couldn't care less if I was wearing D'Arcs, or Oakleys.

It's all a personal choice thoughWinkLOL

And the tat, did you loan that too!,

Next MTB Mag out in Autumn apparently. its my Favourite can't wait. done by the same people as Bicycling. Wonder if Ride will do a cr@ppy rip-off soon. 

And the tat' date=' did you loan that too!  [/quote']

Henna, I would never do that for real, can't take the pain.

Stye man is an American invention, The land of sarcasm and scathing wit, Its all tongue in cheek a bit like the local guy here who keeps his face covered, whats his name ? shaken not stiurred... man whats his name