Training Bike - Focus

RaymondC

Who brought Lance to the party his new bike looks like a bubble bee smiley36.gif
Sorry that was meEmbarrassed

Willehond2009-01-12 05:42:52

Guest colonel
Lance isnt a sprinter only a doper.
??????what does that hav to do with this topic????????

Personal thing, go back and read alot of history posts.Wink

Is it my imagination or is that a loooooong stem?

Alot of guys ride with a smaller frame and a long stem' date=' the smaller frame flex's less when under power. Look at most top sprinter's bikes. Boonen's bike is very noticable in that regard and even SA's Malcolm Lange is the same.

I cant believe I know something technical that you dont know!!!!Wink
[/quote']

OMW COLONEL.....look at where the seat is on the bike!!!!!

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

Colonel' date=' you will be glad to know I ordered a bike with a long 120mm stem.  .......Wink
[/quote']

Willehond: nuwe fietsie oppad- dalk daai Gios wat jy daar gespot het.Wink Enigiets, solank dit net nie 'n BMC is nieWinkLOL

Colonel' date=' you will be glad to know I ordered a bike with a long 120mm stem.  .......Wink
[/quote']

Willehond: nuwe fietsie oppad- dalk daai Gios wat jy daar gespot het.Wink Enigiets, solank dit net nie 'n BMC is nieWinkLOL
   Dit was baie amper 'n BMC!  Maar moenioe worry nie, ek het eerder vir 'n great bike gegaan wat hierdie jaar die Tour de France actually gaan sien!  BMC is so uit toos LandisWink

[/quote']

Dit was baie amper 'n BMC!  Maar moenioe worry nie, ek het eerder vir 'n great bike gegaan wat hierdie jaar die Tour de France actually gaan sien!  BMC is so uit toos LandisWink

LOL Klink of die bike nog staatsgeheim isWink maar jy sal seker die nodige fototjies hier vir ons postWink

Ek het al die wiele, maar jy sal moet wag tot middel Maart voor ek die full reveal gaan doen.  Sy word nog liefderyk vervaardig op hierdie momentBig%20smile Willehond2009-01-14 02:23:07

Jissie, al die spanning ek kan nie wag nie. Soos jy gese het, jou Raleigh is iets exclusives aan daai kant, so jy behoort 'n goeie prys vir haar te kry op 'n trade-in, sou jy dit natuurlik oorweeg. Dan kan jy dalk die nuwe lady spoil met iets mooi.

Alot of guys ride with a smaller frame and a long stem' date=' the smaller frame flex's less when under power. Look at most top sprinter's bikes. Boonen's bike is very noticable in that regard and even SA's Malcolm Lange is the same.

[/quote']

is this theory or just speculation. When i bought my bike the product rep insisted that i must ride my size and not one smaller... says the brand insist ans the bike i bought is as stiff as hell

yep Hawk' date=' colonel is so right![/quote']

Why?

[/quote']

is this theory or just speculation. When i bought my bike the product rep insisted that i must ride my size and not one smaller... says the brand insist ans the bike i bought is as stiff as hell

In my mind the only reason to buy a smaller frame is that it gives you a reduced head tube length.  The flex argument is a bit of an old wifes tale as you don't loose any energy'with flex, it just 'feels' less direct.  Sprinters might ask for the absolute stiffest bike out there, but the rest of the guys don't even go for the stiffest frame in the series (look at the Barloworld guys all riding different models - comfort maybe?)

Anyway, what difference can 1cm frame size really make in flex?  Anyone got any figures to back up this quote?  Me thinks it's just another modern fad and not backed up by real data.  Unless you can proove me wrong of courseWink

Just pick a manufacturer who makes stiff frames, then you don't have to lie awake thinking about flex and frame size.