My Nuwe Ry Ding

Crunchy

if she is too heavy handlebars stem an seatpost are the major things i would change i changed mine and shaved half a kg off of my bike

Any advice on putting her on a Dieet???

Bin the triple clanger and upgrade gruppo to any new 10 speeed really, will be lighter than what's there. Wheels too, but they can wait...

if she is too heavy handlebars stem an seatpost are the major things i would change i changed mine and shaved half a kg off of my bike

...and definately that saddle. But some would rather ride with a comfy saddle then a light one.

Dont forget that shedding bike weight costs big moola, you are looking at R1000 per 100g usually. If you form part of the Fat a$$ group of wannabee cyclists like me who pigged out on xmas pies and turkey over the festive season, you can shed kg's of butt for free by making a bee line to the treadmill or stairmaster at your local gym instead of to the buffet table.    dougaroony2009-01-13 06:49:47

Lol Dougaroony Im only on 52kg....

I love the look of the Aero Composite seatpost, dont think I'll be changing that ey...

Changing the groupset is an option but im on a tight budget as varsity reopens soon...

Please advise on prices of the following items as I think they are the main factor for her weight problem...

Shimano 105 breaks,triple clanger,rear & front derailers & the Ultegra 9speed STIs...

Oh ja & the LOOk 247 pedals.

change the cranks auctionlamb has a set of ultegra cranks for sale really good price!!!!!!!! and then change the pedals you can get a decent set of look keo's for under R600 if i am not mistaken