Where is my f-ing coke!?

linnega

I have many bones to pick with the organisers of today's Belgotex "Super Classic" (I'm not sure why its called that when it was neither super nor a classic).  This rant however is for all organisers.  The last time I got a can of coke at the finish line was at the Argus last year.  Why can't organisers understand that all I want when I finish a race in 30 degree heat (even at 9am) is a can of cold coke.  Instead I have to go looking for the nearest outlet to buy the elixir, and we are force fed all manner of rubbish at the finish line.

So Linnega how did the race go - sounds like it was one of those where you should have stayed at home..

I have many bones to pick with the organisers of today's Belgotex "Super Classic" (I'm not sure why its called that when it was neither super nor a classic).  This rant however is for all organisers.  The last time I got a can of coke at the finish line was at the Argus last year.  Why can't organisers understand that all I want when I finish a race in 30 degree heat (even at 9am) is a can of cold coke.  Instead I have to go looking for the nearest outlet to buy the elixir' date=' and we are force fed all manner of rubbish at the finish line.
[/quote']

Yup, Linnega I can sympathize.

Up here IF you get a coke at the end of the race, its usually in a small twice used paper cup, (usually with a complimentary bee inside) as well.!!

I havent had a can of coke for............................well, I cant remember when.!!  

Linnega - we must agree , we certainly expected a lot more out of the organisation considering it cost us R320 for the tandem entry (in the region of the 94.7 and other huge races). Big gripe was the water at the end of the race - feeling slaughtered as we were the last thing I want is a warm bottle of water!!

There was a huge drop in entries that we can only put down to the pro's riding the Herald in P.E and the rest of the would-be entrants balking at the cost.

There needs to be some serious reconsideration by the organisers if they are to save this race in the future. smiley19.gif

• 13 years later...

check this monstrosity ...cos the world aint messed up enough already someone decided to invent this 

Look, we may have crime and all sorts of problems down here in deepest darkest Africa, but at least that isn't one of them.