Road rage towards cyclists.

Three weeks I was riding from Heidelberg through Nigel on my bike to the Home Affairs to collect my passport. 

While I was riding on left hand side of a duel carriageway, I saw the turn I was to take coming up on the right, looked behind me saw no one, I then crossed the road to the right hand side of the road and stayed about a meter from the curb avoiding the rubble, that was present there.

A young motorist came right behind me and blew his hooter contentiously until I ended up in the rubble on the edge of the road, I was quiet confused as it was a duel carriageway way.

He then overtook me and shouted a good couple of obscenities at me, so I politely  indicated that it was a duel carriageway and it is only the two of us travelling on the road at the time so what is the problem!!!!!

Wragtag!!!! he then tried to ride me over and I had to do some real creative dodging.....to avoid from being flattened by his vehicle, only when I put my hand into my pockets at the back of my shirt and made as if I was about to pull a gun on him he sped away at a real fast pace.

Nigel has a very strong cycling presents so I was quiet confused... maybe he just had a bad morning and I was used for his venting session.

There will be racing next month in the Nigel/Heidelberg area for 3 weeks in a row... Emporers, Ride 4 Sight and lastly Carnival City.

We have our pre-ride this coming weekend (for the Carnival City race) and the news coming from the committee is: the roads in and around this area are not too cyclist friendly, so please ride sensibly both now and during the upcoming races.

You can imagine how p!ssed off the locals will be after 3 Sundays of racing. Let's hope everyone taking part in these 3 rides will do so without any serious problems.

Yah,Yah,..... no cyclists is ever wrong,........ we just jump lights and stop streets, ride 3 or more abreast, do two laps at the argus, show the bird, ride on highways (the R59 is a prime example) dont wear helmets, enter races without paying and ride without lights.

Yesterday at 5pm I was on my way back from Parys along the R59 and trucks and cars were dodging about 20 cyclists on the Highway before the Nampack turnoff, I hooted and got the usual finger showing - who cares, I hope a 38 wheeler takes them out, of course then it will be here as a terrible tradegidy and a memorial ride will be suggested - I wont be there.!

When all cyclists stick to the rules, come complain, I am not saying you dont, not at all, just collectively cyclists are a shocking example of law abiding citizens and when we get into trouble.........................gosh, those awefull motorists.!!!

Go ahead flame away, I could care less.!

porky2009-01-15 08:33:15

Yah' date='Yah,..... no cyclists is ever wrong,........ we just jump lights and stop streets, ride 3 or more abreast, do two laps at the argus, show the bird, ride on highways (the R59 is a prime example) dont wear helmets, enter races without paying and ride without lights.

Yesterday at 5pm I was on my way back from Parys along the R59 and trucks and cars were dodging about 20 cyclists on the Highway before the Nampack turnoff, I hooted and got the usual finger showing - who cares, I hope a 38 wheeler takes them out, of course then it will be here as a terrible tradegidy and a memorial ride will be suggested - I wont be there.!

When all cyclists stick to the rules, come complain, I am not saying you dont, not at all, just collectively cyclists are a shocking example of law abiding citizens and when we get into trouble.........................gosh, those awefull motorists.!!!

[/quote'] Porky I don't disagree one bit mate but the bad beaviour stems from ar$ewipes on both sides of the wheel spectrum! Hence my previous post! No flaming from me!!

Yah' date='Yah,..... no cyclists is ever wrong,........ we just jump lights and stop streets, ride 3 or more abreast, do two laps at the argus, show the bird, ride on highways (the R59 is a prime example) dont wear helmets, enter races without paying and ride without lights.

[/quote']

Agreed. I've given up commenting on the fact that in these matters, the cyclists are their own worst enemy. All comes down to that glass houses thing... Too many elitists on bikes think they're entitled. Fock em.

Yup, just witnessed some MTBers riding on a pavement making a nuisance of themselves. 2 of them even had baggies.Confused

Wragtag!!!! he then tried to ride me over and I had to do some real creative dodging.....to avoid from being flattened by his vehicle' date=' only when I put my hand into my pockets at the back of my shirt and made as if I was about to pull a gun on him he sped away at a real fast pace.

[/quote']

That's your first mistake. Next time carry a gun. Of course the weight weenies will spend so much time admiring the 3,5 gram carbon fibre handgun  that 3 cars and 2 bakkies would have driven over them before they could use it. Tongue

Hey' date=' del was you in Greenstone this afternoon? Yellow Rossi shirt? [/quote'] twas I indeed old boy!! Rossi the man!!

was looking at some gas powered choppers! Don't know why though because every "landing" costs are in Campag country!!
Delgado2009-01-15 08:53:51

Porky I don't disagree one bit mate but the bad beaviour stems from ar$ewipes on both sides of the wheel spectrum! Hence my previous post! No flaming from me!!

Fair enough Del old boy, just proportionately there are lot more on bicycles.!

Porky I don't disagree one bit mate but the bad beaviour stems from ar$ewipes on both sides of the wheel spectrum! Hence my previous post! No flaming from me!!

Fair enough Del old boy' date=' just proportionately there are lot more on bicycles.!
[/quote']

Sadly humanity has a fair smattering of stoopid across the entire spectrum.

Drive at 60kph on an arterial road or 120kpg in the right highway lane and you'll have 100 people hooting and swearing at you.

Stop your bike at a red light and you'll have some numbnut on a bike slam into you from behind because he/she is checking traffic to see if it's safe to jump the light.

For being such soft flesh and bone we certainly are brave!

Thanx for the over whelming response, some of you okies!!!!! out there are rather agro about the cyclists maybe if you stop looking for the wrong a hand full of the cyclists do and you may be surprised to see the good the rest of us are doing.

There are about 0.5% cyclist on the road to vehicles on the road wow 99,5% of vehicles cant be wrong I suppose, which of 40% of the motorists licences where bought for half the price of the of my bicycle licence.

A good thing, I heard in class this morningn that in Feb, all cyclists that enter races will have to have a racing licence and belong too a club this, may be under correction???? can some one shed some light on it pls

There are about 0.5% cyclist on the road to vehicles on the road wow 99' date='5% of vehicles cant be wrong I suppose, which of 40% of the motorists licences where bought for half the price of the of my bicycle licence.

A good thing, I heard in class this morningn that in Feb, all cyclists that enter races will have to have a racing licence and belong too a club this, may be under correction???? can some one shed some light on it pls
[/quote']

Ummm, where did you get those figures?

I think the license issue has been thrashed to death and Yes, you have "needed" a license for about a year now.  

Ummm, where did you get those figures?

This is where I got the figs...

1 out of 5 licences are fake
28/07/2005 08:51  - (SA) 

Cape Town - More than half of all drivers licences issued since 1998 are thought to have been issued in an "irregular manner", acting transport minister Jeff Radebe said on Monday.

Pretoria - The special investigation unit (SIU) has recommended the scrapping of 24 243 driver's licences the unit believes were issued fraudulently.

Wrighte2009-01-17 05:05:01