Race Guide for No 376

Wheelsuck

At yesterdays Tshwane Capital Classic I was amazed to see the antics of this guy and want to offer the following advise:

1. Surging to the front of the pack at the waterpoint to try and grab  water at high speed is not advised. This not only pisses the group off but also the helper who now has lost use of their left arm.  

2. Weaving across the bunch does not make you go faster.

3. Check when you put your bottle back in the cage as we all do not like practising riding over bottles as this is not a regular occurence with people that know how to ride their f@@king bike

4. Riding downhill like Meg Ryan in City of Angels, could have you end up like old Meg.

2. Weaving across the bunch does not make you go faster.

Perhaps not, but I have found it makes the rest of the bunch much slower than me, so the net gain is the same for far less effort.LOL

Hey Wheelsuck,

Dont worry i had the same nonsense yesterday, some guy decided he liked my space at the left edge of the bunch, and just proceeded to move into it without a worry in the world. Forced to swerve out i hit the cat eye and had a blow out. Lovely after 5k's.

But the rest of the ride turned out okay.Ouch

Haga:At least no crash but it can be frustrating.  And the funniest is you try and get rid of these pesky little buggers by riding harder and then all of a sudden they reappear to create further havoc.  Angry I think intelligence and pain threshholds are inversely related with these types.