Beware of Harry's Pancakes

Robodog

This Mr Waugh guy likes complaining: he's registered complaints against Steers for putting braai salt on their food, an Apple shop for taking longer than 7 days to deliver a product, AA Autobay for a traffic fine (!), KFC for not speaking English clearly, and 10 or so complaints against FNB for everything under the sun.

http://www.hellopeter.com/search_username.asp?uid=6825

I've never eaten at Harry's but just maybe they are getting victimised by someone who sees injustice everywhere he goes.

But to be on the safe side, I'll skip the scones :)

So what is the Hub SA the new "Hello Peter" ?

WTF has this got to do with Cycling?

If you want to moan in a public forum got talk to "Hello Peter" or "TantSanniesSourGrapes.com" and keep this Crap off our CYCLING forum!

This post is in the General/Rant n Rave section - it doesn't have to be about cycling.

And since when do you determine what crap gets to be posted here?

This section is people talking *** on a Friday afternoon... if you don't like the conversation go sit somewhere else!!

These okes on Hellopeter are numb nuts.

You can complain as much as you want... but for the business to respond you have to pay like 1500 bucks to have a shot at clearing your name.

Most okes exaggerate so much the issue becomes a laugh anyhow...

I love FNB...some ppl are impossible to please...let them complain to deaf ears.

People who post on HellloPeter' date=' especially the complainers amuse me. They always seem at great pains to point out their fancy jobs and fancy titles... Preening and pimping for all to see..." Look at me I'm the king and look at how abominably the serfs have treated me" - kind of attitude...

[/quote']

Hello Peter is nothing more than an extortion racket thinly veiled by a 'marketing research' banner. It is THE biggest heap of steaming shaizer on the interwebs. Personally, if I were Harry's, I'd sue this person too. He didn't contact the owner. Instead he complained that they are racists and their food is poison. Not cool. Although, I doubt it would make ANY diffs to their business. Most people don't google places to eat in Dullstroom, and even if they did, I doubt it would matter.

The right course of action would have been to contact the owner. If this failed to yield a result, a complaint lodged at the Health Services office would do the trick.

If you look on the site Mr. Waugh has no shortage of complaints about the world in general. Oke must be pretty sour.

Changed my mind he's actually pretty funny.

I read this too, and this guy is a complete skitzo. In the Harry's complaint he says how they are racists, and then in this, he clearly shows what a racist he is. So black people speak with an accent, this doesnt give this ork the right to insult how a person speaks. Every single nationality speaks English with a different accent. I wish fools like this guy would crawl back into their little holes.

Harry's, sue this waste of air.

I travel through Dullstroom a lot, probably 3/4 times a month, I have been there.........................and the service DOS SUCK, actually the service at all the restaurants in Dullstroon sucks, but they are particularly bad, so I concur with the gentleman on that matter - never had the scones and never got food poisoning, but I long ago started avoiding the joint.

I cant see that legal action going far, they have to prove direct loss from that public complaint, and how will they do that.?

They are just blowing smoke up his jack to irritate him.

porky2009-01-16 10:07:22

If I could think of a more appropriate word than Anal, I might have used it for this Mr Waugh..

Clearly he has a huge problem with actually speaking to people face to face when complaining, but no trouble with a keyboard..

Hello Peter is a monstrous rip off.. We had to pay a ridiculous amount in order to respond to a malicious complaint... We vowed never again, no matter what the complaint was... Pure blackmail is Hello Peter..

Try complaining on the site about the fact that companies have to pay to respond..... and see how long the post lasts...

So what is the Hub SA the new "Hello Peter" ?

WTF has this got to do with Cycling?

If you want to moan in a public forum got talk to "Hello Peter" or "TantSanniesSourGrapes.com" and keep this Crap off our CYCLING forum!

yawn..... go and find your own "cycling only" site. Cyclists are allowed to think about other things than cycling only and this site allows for that.

Isnt there another Harrys Pancakes in Sabie?

Pretty sure I went to one there last year, but never go to Dullstroom, for me, its just a tourist mecca of cheap knock off animal curios and an odd assortment of retailers selling overpriced food and silk bedding.

Anyway, I dont think there was anything initially wrong with the motivation behind the Hello Peter site, it had good merit and helped a lot of people who were fairly powerless before.

However, over time it has been abused and now the motivation behind the site is financial from both sides.

Unfortunately without some mechanism to verify complaints posted and ensure they are factual and not padded with emotion, the site has degenerated into a "gripe fest" with few people paying any attention.

Also remember when the site came into use, the idea of a customer care centre was foreign to most SA businesses and "Hello Peter" filled that gap nicely, however, nowadays, most major businesses have there own in house complaint resolution centre and deal with customer issues there, so they seldom even bother to respond to these posts.