Know What Is In Your Medicine!!!!

Pro-Funrider

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.clinicalpharmacology.com/apps/images/structures/001/phenylep.gif

Now, that little block that looks like the soccer ball is what you after. Any Adrenergic drug with a composition containing this composition will make you go just a little bit faster just a lille bit easier.

Provigil, contains Madafinil is what you want to try. A bit pricey, but works great and our idiots in Bloem just can seem to put the finger on it yet.

In

which case Crux would also have been aware of it. So to come on here

with statements about others wringing hands in glee ... feel sorry for

me ... doubting sponsorship ...  I won't make any statements one way or

the other ... bla blah is just as dishonest as Eben's sob story

And by the way both "statements" look to be carefully crafted. By the same person????? Should we be phoning Le Equipe yet? LOL

Phen' date=' for what its worth, I will have you in my team ANY DAY.

[/quote']

I think there would be quite a few people who would love to be on your team.LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

No offence but you sound like every manager on the Pro Tour who claims innocence.

hence my 2nd comment on the thread. "just wait for the team managers : "what my riders do in their own time is none of my business""

cruxie you must have known about this long before it was published on CSA website. why the silence until now? and why protect him? its blatantly obvious he was doping. I know that you always say all the top riders dope. does this mean you condone it? your silence on the matter is not re-assuring...

[/quote']

I think there would be quite a few people who would love to be on your team.LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Big%20smileLOL

[/quote']

Be careful what you wish for

I?m wondering who is more ignorant, the guy that got caught cheating or those who believe his story. It is precisely because of such ignorance that cycling is finding it so difficult to get rid of dopers. The guy posts, seemingly to explain confusion over a doping issue where he is involved, then knowledgeable people suggest he may not be 100% honest and they explain their reasoning and all the while his team manager(?) reserves judgement. To most it will probably not be an important issue because who even knew about the existence of this TCS fun rider and his blind ambition to be an elite cyclist? I can also see why the team manager has an incentive to remain neutral one this one: it will be a bit unfair to single out one guy among a close-knit group of friends if his mates are on the same juice! But unless there is a serious sanction from his peers he will do it again; in his post he?s going out of his way to warn other cyclists to be watchful so that the same unfortunate thing does not happen to them!! Hardly what one would call taking responsibility or having regret at what had happened?he?s even implying that CSA has great sympathy with this awful thing that came over his path!<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Guest Agteros

It is not about being ignorant, not believing anybody's story. Just remember that there are at least 3 sides to any story: 'my' version, 'your' version and then the 'truth'. None of these are cast in stone and are all relative, depending on you point of view as well as your intended aim with the facts.

That being so, who are we to burn anybody at the stake. Surely we are not on a medieval witch hunt? It is not our job here to mete out punishment, the punishment was meted out by CSA according to their rule book(s), so lets just accept it and move on!

The guy got caught, he was given his sentence, he tried to make amends on here. So let him be. Obviously he will be under a much bigger spotlight in six months time, and hopefully he'll come through with flying colours.

Hopefully he (and a few others) received a wake-up call. Whether it is in regard to naivety, or cheating is irrespective. He made a mistake and 'fessed up to making a mistake, so give this one to him. CSA will be a lot harsher the second time round (inspection wise, as well as punishment wise!)

As Sammajoor quoted, let the one without a fault cast the fist stone.

Oh man this must be the best food the hub has ever tasted?

My personal opinion on the matter -

I don't know Eben well. I only did a few races/training rides with him. I see there is a few allegations against him by an ex team mate. I can not comment. I only recently found out she is not part of the club anymore and I also don?t know why she left. It does not sound like she left on a good note judging by her comments. Again, I am sure there are two sides to that story as well. Bottom line I can?t be bothered to keep up to date with the latest gossip. I?ll move on.

I can not tell whether he doped or not. His story does sound a bit dubious though. In all fairness if you go by his story there is no excuse really. If you want to race at that level you need to make sure you abide by the rules and also consider your team mates when it is known that medicines contain all kinds of funny things. There has been enough awareness over the last couple of years with regards to doping.

The truth is that only he will know whether he is a cheater or not. Whatever he says does not matter; the positive result is what matters. And that is unfortunate because it reflects badly on our club and our teams.

From what I have seen Eben is a very strong rider and if it is true that he doped I am sure he will do just as well without it. I cannot imagine from what I have read that ephedrine gives you such a major advantage over your natural ability? Ag I don?t know what to believe, maybe it does give you an advantage in 100km races and therefore people are persuaded to take it. Will have to go read what self confessed doper and supplier Chunky said a few posts back.

Eben has been given a sentence by the UCI and he needs to do his time. As disappointed as I am - my personal take on it is that I am not going to hold anything against him. Life is just too short to keep grudges. It will remain on his CV but what is the point of giving someone a sentence and then still make life difficult for him after he has served his time?

We are a good team of guys and the people I do know very well in the club I fully trust their integrity. Carel has done a lot for us and for cycling. The cycling community is so small in this country and every little bit of investment to help promote the sport should be supported. As we all know, no club or team is immune to this kind of thing happening and every successful venture has got its setbacks. I do not say that this incident should go unnoticed, but being on the receiving end I would rather provide my support if it happens to any other team. I did not break Barloworld down when one cheater was exposed on their team I continued supporting them.

Let?s ride our bikes!

epoh2009-01-18 08:16:33

LOL ... I know now why I've never won anything despite all the hours of training ... didn?t pay enough attention to the guys riding with colds and flu<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Confused

Guest Agteros

... I do not say that this incident should go unnoticed' date=' but being on the receiving end I would rather provide my support if it happens to any other team. I did not break Barloworld down when one cheater was exposed on their team I continued supporting them.

Let?s ride our bikes!

[/quote']

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

EPOH I do not think it is fair to make a comment that Babbelkous did not leave on a good note based on her comments; I can not recall for once in this particular thread that she is slandering or making out that TCS is a "bad" club/group of people. She has only come forward as to what happened at Bakwena; based on her posting it appears that she was quiet upset with Eben and way he went about going for the dope test. I got the same impression when Amoryn also left TCS; it always appeared that she was a "suurtiet"

The irony is that Crux had to know about the test after the Bakwena race about Eben; surely, I would have thought, the best way was to make a statement immediately after that; not wait till the sentence/announcement is made from CSA. Either way it does not bother me; the incident does leave a bad taste about TCS; however each individual within TCS will ride on its own credibilty in the cycling fraternity; I do not see why each TCS member has to justify their position.