Deep section wheels?

chris414

Hey

lets say i have 15 grand to spend on a bike.  is it better to spend less on a new bike and buy an extra set of deep section wheels, or is it better to spend the whole 15k on the bike alone (and not buy deep section wheels)?

i supose wat im asking is what is the value of deep section wheels relative to your frame/compenents?

thanks

chris

I think (and don't flame me) someone on PezCyclingNews said: Frame, then wheels, then groupset...

But others on the forum will obviously have different opinions Smile

But deepsections are cool ey, I just reconfirm it with every race I do, when ppl are pedalling really hard on the flats I free with them with little to no real trouble, on the downhills I'm close to the fastes with those wheels, on the hills they are sweet aswell cuz the weigh almost nothing.

But ja, it's something you get once you've got all the other stuff sorted out like buying a nice frame and components imo.
Marius2007-02-05 03:15:41

hang af hoe vinnig jy ry. Deep section help niks as jy 30 avr nie. As jy so vinnig soos marius ry help dit baie.

To me the road bike frames are all ok, as long as its comfortable stiff and lightish you'll be good to go. Then a decent gruppo, not the best just decent, then if you wanna race blow all your cash on a seriously kick ass set of wheels.

Stem nogal saam met titusti - die raam kan 'n redelike verskil maak, en of jy nou Campy of Shimano ry gaan jou spoed dieselfde bly. Maar die verskil tussen 'n paar "gewone" wiele en 'n paar 404's/Bora's/Cosmic carbons is 'n hele paar rand werd. Ek het Saterdag by die ander ouens verby ge- "free" teen Hekpoor af en het selfs vir Bruce weggery - ook die enigste keer wat ek enigisns voor hom was....

Ek sou s? raam, wiele en dan groupo.

ja nee, as mens kyk na die weight aspek van tusses n Paar Zipps en n paar Shimano standaard wiele en die virskill tusses die 105's en Dura Ace dan kom die groot weight saving in die wiele ek dink, wat is die virskil tusses n 105 en Dura-Ace groupo? any1?

I wouldn't say it's the deep section that makes the difference but rahter the quality of the hubs. My 105 hubs freewheel easier and faster them my Mavic Cosmos and they have the same rim profile. but the Cosmos is lighter.

blah....blah.....blah....Frame' date=' then wheels, then groupset...blah....blah.....and blah.... 

[/quote']

Agree ALL THE WAY.