Cyclocros bike vs. Road bike

RABUBI

What is the difference between a cyclocros bike and a normal road bike i.t.o wheels  and frame?

Is the rim the same with just off-road tyres on, and is the brakes just different on the frame, or is it a completely different frame?

Just curious.

Also they generally don't use the compact style road frames becasue there isn't enough space to shoulder the bike in the compact frame.

There's no market because there are no races. The cyclo-cross races are very cool as you need a very small area to do them in. The races last about an hour. Steven's are at the moment bringing them in, I think they brought in 15 or so, a friend of mine got himself one. He rode the first provincial (in the fun category of course) on it and he digs it.

Daemon participated in a Cyclocross race whilst he was in Holland. Said it was an awesome experience.

if you keen to see more, search YouTube for footage of the 07 World Champs in Hooglede-Gits (Belgium). it's incredible how passionate the crowds are.

i am surprised that this has not caught on here - it looks like a lot of fun

looks like a lot of hard work!