when you have power

dagwood

I remember when The Doors was in town. Used to catch the train from the West Rand and walk from the station to the doors. Ah' date=' those were the days. [/quote']

walking back wasn't as easyLOL

Ja, and staying awake on the train was even harder. I don't know how many times i would have to catch a train back from Randfontein station because i missed my stop.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember when The Doors was in town. Used to catch the train from the West Rand and walk from the station to the doors. Ah' date=' those were the days. [/quote']

Ja, and staying awake on the train was even harder. I don't know how many times i would have to catch a train back from Randfontein station because i missed my stop.

we once caught the wrong one and ended up in vereeniging instead of benoniShockedLOLleft the doors at 2 in the morning and got home at around 9Sleepy

I only ever went to original doors in JHB CBD......the woman in those days were not exactly the type you took home for Sunday tea to introduce to the folksLOLLOLLOL  But it was a good place....i can still taste/smel the boerewors rolls they sold outside the front door....

me too' date=' and le club around the corner. there was a crowd of us from school who used to make the trek through from the east rand. if you were lucky, you could score a shag on the way home on the train. 

[/quote']

Me too, I also frequented Top Club and Q's.. all those clubs were so close together we'd just walk from one to the next until we found the most happening party.

I never shagged anyone on a train though

but I often hitched rides home Embarrassed 

LOLLOLLOLLOL at Velo...

brought back memories of falling asleep, going past Horizon station and walking back from Randfontein at 4 in the morning because the next train back was not for ages...

I wouldnt even catch the train nowadays...

LOL

I only ever went to original doors in JHB CBD......the woman in those days were not exactly the type you took home for Sunday tea to introduce to the folksLOLLOLLOL  But it was a good place....i can still taste/smel the boerewors rolls they sold outside the front door....

me too' date=' and le club around the corner. there was a crowd of us from school who used to make the trek through from the east rand. if you were lucky, you could score a shag on the way home on the train. 

[/quote']

ah - my ill-spent varsity days! 

spent EVERY tuesday,  friday and saturday evening at The Doors / Alcatraz (that later became Alice-D)

dont think we ever had to pay to get in as there was always comps lying around.

was in res at RAU and as first years we had to study every evening up to 22:00 with the seniors constantly checking up on you. 

the trick was to fill an empty coke can with wine so you can get a bit of a buzz going while studying,  drive to marshaltown as soon as study time is over,  down another bottle of wine with a Degoran flu tablet or two  (that you got at the cafeteria on our varisty card that your parants are paying for) and you are ready to go!

must say that docs and long hair with earrings did not go down too well in an afrikaans res where rugby is more important than anything else...

[/quote']

Ahhh le club.....remember all the guys "smoking" on the balcony out back at the doorsLOLLOL  Do remember Bella's, Valentinos and Dukes.....those were the good old daysSmile  would not be caught dead in those ares now

Me too' date=' I also frequented Top Club and Q's.. all those clubs were so close together we'd just walk from one to the next until we found the most happening party.

I never shagged anyone on a train though

but I often hitched rides home Embarrassed 

[/quote']

so what did you hitch up on the way home?Wink

Something similar happened in Bohemia in Stellenbosch last year. I think there is some CCTV footage on youtube...

Disgusting.

[/quote']

ah - my ill-spent varsity days! 

spent EVERY tuesday,  friday and saturday evening at The Doors / Alcatraz (that later became Alice-D)

dont think we ever had to pay to get in as there was always comps lying around.

was in res at RAU and as first years we had to study every evening up to 22:00 with the seniors constantly checking up on you. 

the trick was to fill an empty coke can with wine so you can get a bit of a buzz going while studying,  drive to marshaltown as soon as study time is over,  down another bottle of wine with a Degoran flu tablet or two  (that you got at the cafeteria on our varisty card that your parants are paying for) and you are ready to go!

must say that docs and long hair with earrings did not go down too well in an afrikaans res where rugby is more important than anything else...

Dude i forgor about my DOCS......used to buy them from moolahs in the cbd somewhere.....use to say to my mates " just got a pair of 14 hole docsLOLLOLLOL

I used to use my pertrol card (that dad gave me) to fill my mates cars up and then use the cash for drinking.......i failed 1st year so badly that i did not qualify to write one exam....my dad is still waiting for my report that got "lost" in the postLOL

Rocky street was also a good spot to hang.....the pubs names escape me for now.

Dude i forgor about my DOCS......used to buy them from moolahs in the cbd somewhere.....use to say to my mates " just got a pair of 14 hole docsLOLLOLLOL

I used to use my pertrol card (that dad gave me) to fill my mates cars up and then use the cash for drinking.......i failed 1st year so badly that i did not qualify to write one exam....my dad is still waiting for my report that got "lost" in the postLOL

rockefellers, bar-pita, tandoor?

"must say that docs and long hair with earrings did not go down too well in an afrikaans res where rugby is more important than anything else..."

Anyone got any pics they can post of themselves back in the heyday? You HAVE to shake your head at yourself sometimes.

How did such a sad POST become DANCE CLUB experiances....anyway I am enjoying it...bringing back memories....

rockefellers' date=' bar-pita, tandoor?

[/quote']

yip those would be them.....rockerfellers was the "cooler" spot to be and then you would cross over the road to bar pita, anything went there.

"must say that docs and long hair with earrings did not go down too well in an afrikaans res where rugby is more important than anything else..."

Anyone got any pics they can post of themselves back in the heyday? You HAVE to shake your head at yourself sometimes.

I am an english boy from a predominantly afrikaans town....my long hair and earing was a hit with the girls but can't say the afrikaans boys cared much for me and my matesLOLLOLOuchOuch.  Use to spend my 4 month holidays in Plett and my folks holiday house, surfing and spending almost everynight at The Cave and Formosa.....the long hair and earings was more accepted there.

yip those would be them.....rockerfellers was the "cooler" spot to be and then you would cross over the road to bar pita' date=' anything went there.
[/quote']

went to rockerfellers a coupla years back after a comic-scavenging trip. they only sold quarts, i had to pay a deposit for the contuff glass they gave me to drink from and the cobra polish tin ashtray was bolted to the table. bar pita was very cool.