Winter gear

AndreZA

As it is almost winter time (I can already feel the chill in the air), I was wondering about winter gear. the only winter gear I have is a pair of very bulky padded cheap gloves, a pair of padded cyclone shoe covers, rib tights and rib arm warmers. And seeing that the northern hemisphere is comming out of winter, their shps have winter sales. So who can recommend gloves, tops and tights?

As it is almost winter time (I can already feel the chill in the air)' date=' I was wondering about winter gear. the only winter gear I have is a pair of very bulky padded cheap gloves, a pair of padded cyclone shoe covers, rib tights and rib arm warmers. And seeing that the northern hemisphere is comming out of winter, their shps have winter sales. So who can recommend gloves, tops and tights?

[/quote']

Get yourself some thermal tops, bibtights, and a winter longsleave top.

The quality of overseas winter wear are so much better then SA. 

Gloves u can buy at Cape Union Mart for R100.

RavX makes some nice winter gloves

Exteondo makes a seriously fine winter jacket, you may have to dip into the access bond though as it is not cheap.

Anatomic have a fair range of all you need at reasonable prices, and they are local which may mean something

what do you mean it is almost winter?????? 

don't even start thinking this way!!

Sadly it is getting light later and dark earlier, which is probably an indicationCry

Living in this poxy hemisphere I can recommend from experience the following winter gear:

Assos; anything you can get your hands on is about the best of the best

Pearl Azumi Amfib gloves are great, this morning was -3 when I rode into work and my digits were toasty.

Altura over-shoes, the water-proof neoprene ones are  good, I use the sealed seamed gore-tex ones and my feet stay mostly dry in all by the worst rain.

I ride with a Nike skull cap that covers my ears and I swear by it. Also a Respro mask keeps the pollution and cold air out.

SKS mudguards are business, but likely an overkill for you guys.

Mampara if you go to a place in Heathway centre close to Cresta, its called Treasuers For You and they sell nice German stuff, found some nice undershirts and a Balaclava of good quality and it set me back under R200. But this is good stuff made by TCM and they have other crap that keeps the missus occupied as as well.