Kremetart 2007

Wheelbarrow

It's nearly Kremetart time again. We are planning to make very little (none if possible) changes to the race for 2007. (Even the entry fees). If you can give us your inputs it will be appreciated. Although earning top honors on the "Rate your Race" forum on Supercycling we are all fired up to present a even better race.

Hi Wheelbarrow

This is absolutely the best race I've done.Just awesome.Did my fist one

last year and nothing else comes close.In my opinion nothing has to

change.

Keep it up.

Done the short one 3 times and the tour 4 times.

LOVE the race!!  Will be there in full force.

Just sort out the license issues NOW!!  Tongue  Not a week before the race.

yeh, I  also rate this race tops. Faaaaaaar better than most races I have done and also in my home province, no place like home Big%20smile

Dit is NIE plat nie - maar nie naasteby Chapman's nie.  Dis vrek warm daar, en dis 'n laaaaaaaang roete.  Maar my ma'le bly daar, so verblyf is sorted... ek's game! :-)   (maar ek weet nie van die tandem nie hoor... daai eerste klim is bietjie rof - dis waar ek Desember geoefen het?)

I love this race. It is always nice that the family and friends can wait for us and meet us at the stage stops to have a quick snack, an chat with us. Keep the race as is. 

Fatty.

Stage 1 has a climb.  Not to hard.  Think about 2-3km at an avg. gradient.  Rest is undulating.  50km or so.

Stage 2 is flat.  Oom Andrew Maclain and his partner avg. over 60km/h on stage 2 one year on the tandem!! (Wind from behind) +-50km

Stage 3 is flat with a NASTY 1km drag to the finish.  I nearly died twice there. +-50km

Stage 4 (only 20km) has a 8km drag, 1kilo hard climb and from the 70km/h for 10km or so to the finish line.

You have about an hour between stages with LOTS to eat and drink.  Nice lunch (Kerk tannies se kerrie en rys!)

The prize giving is STUNNING with huge camp fires and 4 pots of potjiekos and LOTS of beer.

SEE YOU THERE!?

Mail me if you want route profiles

Spinnekop2008-03-13 03:26:18

Fatty.

Stage 1 has a climb.  Not to hard.  Think about 2-3km at an avg. gradient.  Rest is undulating.  50km or so.

Stage 2 is flat.  Oom Andrew Maclain and his partner avg. over 60km/h on stage 2 one year on the tandem!! (Wind from behind) +-50km

Stage 3 is flat with a NASTY 1km drag to the finish.  I nearly died twice there. +-50km

Stage 4 (only 20km) has a 8km drag' date=' 1kilo hard climb and from the 70km/h for 10km or so to the finish line.

You have about an hour between stages with LOTS to eat and drink.  Nice lunch (Kerk tannies se kerrie en rys!)

The prize giving is STUNNING with huge camp fires and 4 pots of potjiekos and LOTS of beer.

SEE YOU THERE!?

Mail me if you want route profiles:

[/quote']

Are we talking about the same route here?!  Stage 1?  It goes up the mountain one side and down the mountain on the other side, then you turn left and climb to the stage finish?  When you go downhill you better have good brakes on your bike?

Are we talking about the same route here?!  Stage 1?  It goes up the mountain one side and down the mountain on the other side' date=' then you turn left and climb to the stage finish?  When you go downhill you better have good brakes on your bike?
[/quote']

Stage one is EASY......

The downhill is one hell of a rush.  I would not want to go down it with a tandem!!!!!!!Big%20smile

20070208_005105_untitled3.JPG

Spinnekop2007-02-08 00:52:52

I have done this race 3 times. Last 2 times on a tandem. It is a fantastic race for tandems. The 1st climb is not much harder than going up Hillsnaks ( Krugersdorp) and the downhill is fast - about 95kms/hr clocked last year.

You also get the elites catching you and it is unbelieveable to watch their speed, tactics and to pick up the pieces when their workers bees blow.

Chili ek het die race een keer gedoen voordat die FAT CATS die race geskaak het, Daai eerste bult IS taai op 'n tandem, veral as jy 'n pens het soos ekke......... maar daai afdraende  na die tonnel toe is delicious!!!!!!!maar net te kort ..... soos alle afdraendes.