MTB Grips.

Brakkies Sport Fotos

Rock' date=' is dit nou marius se grips of die ergon's?[/quote']

I was talking about the Titecs - you like them? I'm about to become the very-unofficial Titec Pork Rinds grip distributor for SA.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pops gaan drink jou makmaak pille.... ekke praat nie weer nie.... komaan kerel!!!!!!

sal daai ergon's help vir die hande wat so doodgaan? ek het gister op 'n langerige trippie gegaan en die hande word so lam soos nog iets. as dit werk, maak dit seker nie saak hoe dit lyk nie?

Rock let me know when you got some, I dig those grips, almost as good as bar tape just easier to work with.

Drumworx,

Ya the Ergons help with numbing hands and carpaltunnel.

I've used the Cane Creek Ergo II's bar tape with gel underneath and the cheapy grips with the "cushion" underneath. They're all pooh.

The Ergon R2M are the real deal and they're not as heavy as Minty thinks cos he picked them up in the packaging which weighs nearly asmuch as the grips/bar end combo themselves

I have been using them on my MTB for the last two months. No more numb hands.

They really work well because instead of adding material under your palm, they support your wrist so the weight of your upper body is supported by the "wing" on the grip rather than your palm or wrist.

definately the best grips around and not heavy at all.

Not sure of the exact weight, I've not weighed them but they about the same weight as a set of Rithcey WCS bar ends with Loc-on grips.

They are noticably lighter than Ergo II's.

I've currently got Yeti lock-on grips with Ergo II's and was pretty happy with that set-up until I decided to take off the Ergo's. Man I forgot what those things weighed !! So I did a long ride on Sunday with no Ergo's and hardly missed them at all.

R2M's are about R435at Bowman's

Not sure the prce at Willie or Epic Bike Shop in Plumstead.

If in the South, give  Epic a try since they also use them on their own bikes and swear by them.

Lance can give you advise on set up aswell.

At Bowman's I'd chat to Shane or Lynley(?)

If you're keen on them then call the supplier direct and he can make a plan to get them to you. He's a cool blok to deal with so no make that call.

At the moment there is no retailer in that area.

Call Cobus Pienaar on 082 333 5371 or mail  Cobus@lighthousetrading.co.za

I baught the P1Performance (without bar-end) last week @ R270

The other one with the "bigger" bar end is R340 @ willie.

I baught the "men" version but with my hand size, I'm going to exchange it to the smaller "w" size.