RAVO Tandem

decibach db

Went to look at the RAVO Tandem yesterday...

Want to know if anyone have more info on the frame?

And what other brands it might compare to.?

Thanks

db

Difficult to really compare. MDK555 had one for long and was full of praise for the frame. Are these the Solomon,s ones that came in eventually?????? How about a photo or some specs?????? From observation, and I must say I have never ridden one, the Captain top tube seems to be short. If that is the case it would make it difficult for a longer person.

Most bike frames nowadays, except bikes like Cervelo that crack a lot, are well made frames. The rest of the bike is normally components that you can buy anywhere. On a Tandem the wheelset is fairly important as well as the crankset. What have they got on the bike?????

Big H

Yes Solomons. They talked about Rival all the time.. meanwhile it was their accent that brought confusion.

Ok it's got full Ultegra with XT Derailleur at the back.

Wheels seems to be cheap TAIWAN TX QUANDO SP3... but lookes like 48 spokes.

will upload picture now.

Cannot see the fork..... is it Carbon and what type?????. What type of rims????? Do not know the Quando Tandem Hubs but I do know they make awesome Downhill Hubs. Are they sealed bearing hubs. Ask them about availabilty of spares such as freehubs for the Hubs or who the Local SA Importers are????? 9 speed or 10 speed??????

Very nice bikes. I rode one for a while.

Man... i wish i had a pic of you riding the tandem by yourself...

Cannot see the fork..... is it Carbon and what type?????. What type of rims????? Do not know the Quando Tandem Hubs but I do know they make awesome Downhill Hubs. Are they sealed bearing hubs. Ask them about availabilty of spares such as freehubs for the Hubs or who the Local SA Importers are????? 9 speed or 10 speed??????

10 Speed. and yes Carbon Fork.

The problem is the space at the back for the stoker.. and this seems to be a problem with make of tandems.

in front it's right on for the captain and for the stoker to small.

the captian and stoker are the same sizes 56cm frames.

what would be the right frame size in tandem M/S or L/S next step is XL/M right for the stoker but then to big for the captain.. you dont get L/M frames...

Hi,

I have just bought one, I am very happy with it. The frame is 5kg lighter than the Cannondale. Good for hills but you lose some speed on the down, just have to tuck in behinde a cannondale. ha ha ha

Value for money. What are they going for now?

Johan

Hi' date='

?

I have just bought one, I am very happy with it. The frame is 5kg lighter than the Cannondale. Good for hills but you lose some speed on the down, just have to tuck in behinde a cannondale. ha ha ha

?

Value for money. What are they going for now?

?

Johan

[/quote'] Cant believe it's 5kg lighter than cannondale.. that is a lotta bike lighter   - bike cost R15 000

I think it is a very good price

...Cannondale with Rolfs weighs in at 16kg....anyone have an idea on the Ravo?

Is that Cannondale weighed down with lead??????? el rapido weighs 17.1 kg with two 40 spoke rims with Mount Hubs and DRC ST19 rims.

...geez, sorry.....i'll get my stoker off and weigh again smiley36.gif

Big H, I'm pretty sure that's what I remember...weighed it a few years ago...Sh*t now I'm going to have to weigh it or I won't sleep smiley5.gif

RAVO tandems are brought in by cape cycle systems so you should have backup. I have one with 105 sti and FSa gossamer cranks. The wheels are sealed hubs and they turn forever. Once you up to speed it just goes. For the money it is a good buy. I weighed mine with two sets ultegra pedals and 5 ordinary metal cages and 2 computers = 17.0kg on by digital bathroom scale. 

Difficult to really compare. MDK555 had one for long and was full of praise for the frame.
Yep - was an awesome bike and had it for 4 years. Only problem I had was the BB's but Cape Cycle Systems were fantastic with their backup service and once they found the problem it fortunatley was fixed.