Cape Town danger areas

Evan Andreou

Also keen to hear the details. It will help others to understand how random it was. Very easy to pretend things won't happen to you.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is rough, even relatively isolated unpopulated areas are becoming no go zone's :(

Anyone know exactly what happened in this incident, I'm assuming they mugged the guy as he was coming up to his vehicle after a surf?

Fark me.

Very sad, more so that its the area so close to the SAPS ... points to a serious failure in the ability to protect. Surely it should be possible to run patrols.

From what I heard from a tour operator today was that surfer returned to his vehicle and was apprehended by two men with guns and was put into car boot. They drove away and they stopped to pick up two women asking for a lift, when the two passengers were in the car they panicked when hearing there was someone in boot. Drivers let them out and carried on only to have an accident with another car. The other car chased these guys down and these guys pointed guns at him, this guy then left the chase. They drove off and then set fire to the car and person in boot burnt to death. This is what I heard, could be broken telephone. But RIP to an innocent surfer

From what I heard from a tour operator today was that surfer returned to his vehicle and was apprehended by two men with guns and was put into car boot. They drove away and they stopped to pick up two women asking for a lift, when the two passengers were in the car they panicked when hearing there was someone in boot. Drivers let them out and carried on only to have an accident with another car. The other car chased these guys down and these guys pointed guns at him, this guy then left the chase. They drove off and then set fire to the car and person in boot burnt to death. This is what I heard, could be broken telephone. But RIP to an innocent surfer

https://m.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/man-found-burnt-in-boot-of-hijacked-car-20190509

SHOCKING.!!

RIP

Be careful out there.

Think I'll be on the IDT. :(

You live by the gun you die by the gun.Hope these scum come to a slow and painful one.Seems the surfer was shot and then put in the boot where the women saw him. When they realised he was alive they wanted out. Why not just steal the car and contents.This poor guy would only have had his wetsuit and board when he came out of the sea Really mad about this. Big up to the surfers that did the paddle out at Witsands this morning R.I.P Condolences to Family and Friends

Geez we have some scum human beings on this earth. Sounds like the kind of heartless things gangsters would do, probably drug fueled as well.

That stretch of coastline is so idylic and beautiful, hard to enjoy it like before after reading of this poor guys fate.

WARNING:

Stay the hell away from Woodstock Cycles. You will lose whole hours of your life, and have your bank account emptied. Followed by a concocted explanation to the wife on why the trip to Europe has been postponed (indefinitely) and a few weeks of sleeping on the couch. 

(See! Cape Town isn't all bad)  :w00t: 

WARNING:

Stay the hell away from Woodstock Cycles. You will lose whole hours of your life, and have your bank account emptied. Followed by a concocted explanation to the wife on why the trip to Europe has been postponed (indefinitely) and a few weeks of sleeping on the couch. 

(See! Cape Town isn't all bad)  :w00t: 

:D  :D True that, and on top of that I get attacked by hayfever from digging through all the classic retro bike parts in this Aladdins Cave of bike treasure! But I have to say I always get a good deal on whatever I buy there and I never feel robbed, more like I've scored! :thumbup: .

Edited by DJR

Did a LSD solo argus yesterday including Ocean View out of a pig headed sense of not allowing criminals to deter my enjoyment of life. A white bakkie just short of the crest of the hill outside Ocean View. Road deserted.

Oh f#%$ i thought.

Ended up helping them push start over the hill.

• 4 weeks later...

I have just rode my commute on the cycle lane from town to Paarden Eiland and was passed by to police vehicles - good to see...