Cape Town danger areas

Evan Andreou

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you okay bud. Hope you heal up soon. Got taken out by an Uber yesterday as well just outside SIMON’STOWN ‍♂ Thinking of going back to golf.

Crazy out there!

Glad you okay bud. Hope you heal up soon. Got taken out by an Uber yesterday as well just outside SIMON’STOWN ‍♂ Thinking of going back to golf.

Hectic - hope you are in better shape than your bike

A friend of ours had a car turn in front of him at Sun Valley Mall yesterday morning - judging from the damage to the car, he is eina today.

Black Hill traffic lights have also seen a few crashes in past few weeks.

Hectic - hope you are in better shape than your bike

A friend of ours had a car turn in front of him at Sun Valley Mall yesterday morning - judging from the damage to the car, he is eina today.

Black Hill traffic lights have also seen a few crashes in past few weeks.

I saw the post on Facebook. The bike took most of the impact, back wheel hit the rear end, but it seems like the dropout is damaged. Luckily I got my right foot out and managed to lock back and before impact I let go. Like 5 bruises on my right leg and swollen hamstring.

Yesterday 2 incidents with our bunch.

1. Descending Constantia Nek towards Constantia, on the blind corner, "pedestrian" walks out the bushes into the road, a mate hit him solid, not sure if there were perhaps other guys waiting in the bushes wanting to jack him or if the pedestrian he hit was hoping my mate would swerve so he could perhaps push him off the bike, but my mate hit him solid, he came off worse than my mate bu a long shot

2. After breakfast at Bottlegger Kenilworth, Main Rd outside Maynard Mall, lady in an uber opened rear door without looking, My luckily swerved, clipped the door over the bars, quite a few scratches and bruises, Fortunately bike seems 100% fine with a small scratch on the bar tape and left shifter hood.

Silly season is DEF approaching aswell as danger season where skelms know that cyclists are out on the road and are "easy" targets. Well, Safe to say I know a few guys who aren't such easy targets and it's not gonna end well for skelms of they intend to make a few okes I know their victims.

e6d1d606dae95e507b029e3c0d31ac19.jpg

Wheel saved my life, did not crumble and kept me upright so I went onto hood of car and not under the car. So grateful for these.

I can't believe what's going on at the moment. So did they just crash into the back of you at speed?

I can't believe what's going on at the moment. So did they just crash into the back of you at speed?

We think they tried to squeeze the back of the group off the road, missed the agile MTBers, then lined me up. down shifted and came for me. Either they were going to ride away on bikes or just take phones as were in a small car. 

We think they tried to squeeze the back of the group off the road, missed the agile MTBers, then lined me up. down shifted and came for me. Either they were going to ride away on bikes or just take phones as were in a small car.

My god, this is well out of hand now. I was going the same route right behind you guys. Only the crazy wind at the top of Chappies made me head back towards the calm of seapoint... and I always ride alone.

These attacks seem to happen very early in the morning before the roads get too busy.

We need to make a plan to hunt these guys down, we can't live like this.

e6d1d606dae95e507b029e3c0d31ac19.jpg

Wheel saved my life, did not crumble and kept me upright so I went onto hood of car and not under the car. So grateful for these.

As one cyclist to another, hey, really glad you're safe.

As a father to another, a relief to hear that you can go home and hold your loved ones.

Heal up well. It's been rough going for you. Sterkte, Bru.

As one cyclist to another, hey, really glad you're safe.

As a father to another, a relief to hear that you can go home and hold your loved ones.

Heal up well. It's been rough going for you. Sterkte, Bru.

So happy to see the MRS and kids again.

They hit me with the car. And then stoke the bike.

Nothing broken.

Bastards !!!  Glad you OK.