Cape Town danger areas

Evan Andreou

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha, don't **** with a Trellidoor ! Glad they didn't get anything. 

A jack will take care of that.

However, those guys dont look too hardcore criminal like, from what I can assume from that video. Also, a caravelle, previous time it was an X3. It doesnt ad up for me, or have the avg criminal upgraded from toyota bakkie, hiace or  small truck?

A jack will take care of that.

However, those guys dont look too hardcore criminal like, from what I can assume from that video. Also, a caravelle, previous time it was an X3. It doesnt ad up for me, or have the avg criminal upgraded from toyota bakkie, hiace or  small truck?

stolen cars?

Crown cycles had an attempted break in again lastnight.

They were robbed in july 2020

Link to FB video

https://www.facebook.com/CrownCycles/videos/418595019452454/

Just goes to show how useless our SAPS are unless they are guarding a beach. 

I have handed my case on a plate to my SAPS for my first Dale, they have the bike, they have all the evidence I collected for them. Think they can close it, nope.

I have handed my case on a plate to my SAPS for my first Dale, they have the bike, they have all the evidence I collected for them. Think they can close it, nope.

Useless is a compliment.  Try to apply for a fire-arm license, it took 10 months just to get my "government competency" and now waiting for almost another 3 months on my license application.

Worst part is the wait is very far from over.  Yes, Covid was a spanner in the works, but that's not an excuse to take that long for something that is only weeks in other countries.

In the meantime I own a pistol locked away in a gun shop's safe, far away, for more than a year ...  ridiculous!

Edit:  That while hundreds/thousands of illegal fire-arms roam the streets freely!

Edited by TheoG

tell them the dale was a beach cruiser!

Was thinking exactly the same thing, a little bit of thieving bastard squashed against the wall would've been a great outcome.

Interesting to see that the driver looks like a woman.

It looks like the same bunch that was involved last time

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know more info?

CAPE TOWN
Welcome to Durbanville... 1f633.png1f494.png
So early this morning my partner went cycling on one of his usual training routes... as he headed down Langeberg Road towards Pinehurst, just before the new development which is next to Morningstar... 3 x guys distracted and attacked him! 1f6b2.png1f494.png
He was hit off his bicycle against the head with a bag that felt like it had a brick in it... and then stabbed in the neck with a knife... 1f621.png1f621.png1f621.png
Theas per usual (sorry to say) was of NO help at all, refusing to help and take him to try and find the culprits... 1f937_1f3fb_200d_2640.png
Please be careful out there...
Edited by Maaknplan

You just can't chance riding alone anymore.

Groups don't even ensure safety ... :(

May the victim heal up quickly.

From reports over the last few months, the whole area around the N7, between Du Noon, Vissershok, Contermans, Faircape, Hoogekraal and Durbanville seems to be red hot dangerous at the moment, but mostly on the roads, not on the trails. Have I got that right?

From reports over the last few months, the whole area around the N7, between Du Noon, Vissershok, Contermans, Faircape, Hoogekraal and Durbanville seems to be red hot dangerous at the moment, but mostly on the roads, not on the trails. Have I got that right?

Touch wood the trails are still safe (other than regular break-ins of parked cars.)

Think the relative remoteness helps, hard to get on/off the trails and loiterers would stand out. Think cyclists on the main roads much easier targets. But would not bet against this changing...

Anyone know more info?

CAPE TOWN
Welcome to Durbanville... 1f633.png1f494.png
So early this morning my partner went cycling on one of his usual training routes... as he headed down Langeberg Road towards Pinehurst, just before the new development which is next to Morningstar... 3 x guys distracted and attacked him! 1f6b2.png1f494.png
He was hit off his bicycle against the head with a bag that felt like it had a brick in it... and then stabbed in the neck with a knife... 1f621.png1f621.png1f621.png
Theas per usual (sorry to say) was of NO help at all, refusing to help and take him to try and find the culprits... 1f937_1f3fb_200d_2640.png
Please be careful out there...

Sorry to hear ... is your partner "ok" now ... or as ok as you can be after this?