Cape Town danger areas

Evan Andreou

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where will the hearing be held, for hubbers who want to come through for moral support?

Edited by Sibulele

On 6/21/2021 at 5:12 PM, Mark James said:

Some good advice and suggestions on the site, but it seems like everyone and everywhere is increasingly a risk. 2 weeks ago I had 2 guys come down the side of the mountain/slope near the Kramat around Lions heads. Fortunately I had seen them stand up from behind some bushes when I was still 30-40M away, and as soon as they realised they had been seen, started running towards me. I was able to turn my bike around and speed off downhill. Needless to say, haven't been back there since.... 

Glad these guys are both ok after the incident 

Just out of interest, what day of the week and time of day was this?

I ride alone around there all the time too????

16 hours ago, Pure Savage said:

Means a lot, appreciate it.

All the best Savage, just great to hear that every now and then these %^** actually end up in court. Keep us posted

19 hours ago, Pure Savage said:

So, I have my court date, Monday.

Robbery and attempter murder for running me over with a polo and then stealing the remains of my supersix. 

Flip, I hope they dont want me to identify this dudes wrist tattoo or freckles as I was not really paying that much attention while he rode me over then turned around and tried to run me over again.

All the best champ, If there can be a "positive" to look forward to, Just remember this dude probably has no idea what you even look like, it wasn't a personal attack, You unfortunately were just in the wrong place at the wrong time so the oke probably doesn't have anything against you personally.

In saying that, I hope he ends up behind bars for our sake and for the sake of many others out there. God Bless and be strong bro.

And oh yes last thing, I hope the oke actually pitches up to court.

Edited by FootballingCyclist

18 hours ago, Pure Savage said:

I honestly dont know what to expect. Have a lot going on. Anxious.

I'm sure I would be too. Thanks for trying to do the right thing here, it will hopefully make other cyclists safer. 

17 hours ago, Pure Savage said:

Means a lot, appreciate it.

Are you able to go for a quick spin before the day starts .... get your legs going, free your mind and go into the day strong?

12 hours ago, wolver said:

Just out of interest, what day of the week and time of day was this?

Hey Wolver

Not exactly sure of day, but think it was a Tuesday, and around 14h00 in the afternoon. I find that I now feel safer riding later in the afternoon/evening (around 16h00-18h00) as there are more people out and about, than during the middle of the day when the area is quieter. 

I have now changed my "old" route and avoid the areas around Lions Head, and now generally ride from Camps Bay up through the Glen, then Tafelberg Road (or above Deer Park / Disa Park) to the blockhouse and back.

Edited by Mark James

13 hours ago, wolver said:

I also ride alone, so happy to ride during the day together if you want. Drop me a PM

- Mark ????

It went well. I did not have to meet him, due to COVID they are not transporting people. 

I am impressed with the prosecutor as he had a long chat with me and I think may be even reading the hub from what I can tell. 

Thanks for all the wishes, it really meant a lot. I did not sleep for 3 or 4 nights before. The whatsapp and emails really did help calm it all down.

COVID seems to really have hit the courts hard, all the other 8 cases with me were all postponed till Aug/Sept.

9 hours ago, Pure Savage said:

It went well. I did not have to meet him, due to COVID they are not transporting people. 

I am impressed with the prosecutor as he had a long chat with me and I think may be even reading the hub from what I can tell. 

Thanks for all the wishes, it really meant a lot. I did not sleep for 3 or 4 nights before. The whatsapp and emails really did help calm it all down.

COVID seems to really have hit the courts hard, all the other 8 cases with me were all postponed till Aug/Sept.

That's normally what happen, if the accused pleads "not guilty", case get postponed for them to prepare the defense.  Hang in there ...

Edited by TheoG

10 hours ago, Pure Savage said:

It's a given that you'll stick with it. Chapeau! and thank you

• 5 weeks later...

This morning at about 10 my fiance and I came over blackhill. Where the jumps are on the Noordhoek side there was a guy walking with a firearm in his hand. I could clearly see it in his left hand. It was smaller than a 9mm. I'd guess and say a 765 and I could clearly see it was cocked.

Luckily at the traffic lights there was a cop van. I told them what I'd seen and they drove off in pursuit. Scary. That guy was not looking to make friends. 

Coming down to Cape Town for few days.

No bike unfortunately, but will be bringing my tekkies.

Been a slog the last three months so I do not want to miss my early morning runs.

Is it safe to run alone at around 5am in the Rondebosch area?

I know this is going to be the topic of our discussion on the 9 hour drive... and would like to call on the Hub wisdom as a matter of fact!