Cape Town danger areas

Evan Andreou

..... or contact Malcolm at CYCLES direct on 021 554 2128 and arrange to meet him for a group ride in the afternoon/evening, much safer option!!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

..... or contact Malcolm at CYCLES direct on 021 554 2128 and arrange to meet him for a group ride in the afternoon/evening' date=' much safer option!!

[/quote']

What days do they ride Shortlegs?

That sounds cool.

Just around the corner from my house.

Is there a club fee or anything?

I always feel bad when I go ride with the outriders.

But I am not keen to join right now, I only ride with them a few times a year, so it would be a waste of money.

Also have been trying to do as many of the races as possible in the last few months so that becomes my weekend ride.

They will start riding on Thurday's to begin with. No need to join just now and they're a friendly bunch with possible the exception of Mr Posh (mike) although he can't ride a bike much.

I heard Mike played for Liverpool once apon a time ......

They will start riding on Thurday's to begin with. No need to join just now and they're a friendly bunch with possible the exception of Mr Posh (mike) although he can't ride a bike much.

?

I heard Mike played for Liverpool once apon a time ......

Mike as in Michael that works at Cycles Direct?

Very knowledgeable chap, but I took my business elsewhere as I always felt guilty after speaking to him, even after spending over R3k on brakes, like I am wasting his time.

I always though I am just a bit sensitive - hence the question

awesome

I must give them a call sometime

shot

Ride starts @17H15 on Thursday afternoons. Koeberg parking area.

As to danger zones ... dear old Giempie Street. Wish they'd knock that whole area down personally. Got 'jacked there, luckily without personal harm - but the cops at Woodstock tation know that you have to go to "The Queen of Giempie Street" and it cost me R10 to get the bike back. Nowadays I ride back along De Waal Drive, then down Roedebloem onto Main Road to get to Rondebosch - adds lots of extra time but it's more attractive and the road's surprisingly wide.

Rhodes memorial has become a danger area. watch out for guys hanging around the bottom turnstyle, by the footbridge. I came down there early one morning and found dodgy halfwit fumbling in his pockets...probably looking for his weapon....

On another occasion encountered coulple of skollies 'walking' along the trail. the next day Argus carried story of mugging in that area of mountain...

take your .38 with if you venture out!smiley7.gif

That sounds cool.

Just around the corner from my house.

Is there a club fee or anything?

I always feel bad when I go ride with the outriders.

But I am not keen to join right now' date=' I only ride with them a few times a year, so it would be a waste of money.

Also have been trying to do as many of the races as possible in the last few months so that becomes my weekend ride.[/quote']

Come ride with us,no pressure.We currently ride every thursday and as we get into winter we will ride Tuesday and thursday with Tuesday been a timetrial and Thursday a easy ride.If you have time in the morning we are doing 2 ,5h30am mtb rides in the week,one to Majik and one to Bo Kaap,Signle hill.This is besides the weekend rides.Get hold of Malcolmb at 021-5542128 if you want to know moresmiley31.gif

Ride there quite a lot. Always a lttle concerned when close to the R27 / atlantis turnoff. could you give us more details