Pretoria danger areas

Evan Andreou

This is my favourite cycling spot(Klapperkop) and training on this hill is awesome! Please indicate who will be willing to ride in a group and cycle through this area and clean it up before it gets out of hands! It was really safe the last couple of years, we just have to stop it right now!

In essence we start sort of a community watch at Klappies.

Edited by RussianSA

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my favourite cycling spot(Klapperkop) and training on this hill is awesome! Please indicate who will be willing to ride in a group and cycle through this area and clean it up before it gets out of hands! It was really safe the last couple of years, we just have to stop it right now!

I will be willing to assist but if we are not at least 7+ men then i think it will be dangers for us depending what we take allow for protection  ( peppergas , etc.)

I will be willing to assist but if we are not at least 7+ men then i think it will be dangers for us depending what we take allow for protection  ( peppergas , etc.)

I agree with you, the key is safety in numbers, if we come at them with 10 guys there is no way they are going to do anything. In terms of what we take for protection, I believe we must meet force with force.

Klapperkop is the preferred training grounds, but today I decided to cycle through Waterkloof and surroundings this morning.......just doing a bit of little hill training. The amount op vagrants going through dustbins (coincidently refuse removal day) was astonishing. I counted at least 20. Where do these people stay and/or make a living. The quarry is already a problem. On top of that, some of them are quite arrogant and have an aggressive attitude. Personally I think it is only a matter of time before the poef is going to go splat.......be vigilant people.

I am also willing to assist. There is also a security company patrolling in Monument Park/Waterkloofrif area, they are paid by the community safety forum. We can potentially get them involved.

I am also willing to assist. There is also a security company patrolling in Monument Park/Waterkloofrif area, they are paid by the community safety forum. We can potentially get them involved.

Thank you for all of you who are willing to join in such a ride. I think we should do a once a week ride and try to keep the surprise element by changing the time of day and also the day.

Lets arrange the first ride for tomorrow afternoon at 16:30 or 16, this will give us enough time to work through Klapperkop.

Everybody who wants to participate, please PM me your cell no and I will start a Klapperkop riding group on whatsapp. We can then use this platform to arrange all of the details.

I am willing to assist where I can

Maybe a good idea not to show the time and date on the Hub...

- This is in regard to the one of tomorrow at a time posted.  You never know what poo is trolling on the site...

Edited by François Marais

I am a resident of Groenkloof in which area KK falls and which I try, on a good week to ride twice a week and which I and a number of other cyclists were still riding this morning.

Last night a special community meeting (Groenkloof Security Initiative) was held, attended by around 200 residence to discuss, amongst other things, the spike in crime in the area over the past two months. In the longer term the idea is to have monitored access in Groenkloof. In the shorter term - immediately, the key proposal is to put patrol vehicles at the major access points in Groenkloof, of which one is at the corner George Sorros and Herbert Baker. They have called for contributions from residents to pay into a fund for this service.

Interestingly the meeting was informed about the attempted bike high jacking so there is concern all around.

It might be a good idea to link up with the GSI coordinators and the preferred security company that patrols this area i.e High Risk when u do the sweep.

Edited by ddj

I am a resident of Groenkloof in which area KK falls and which I try, on a good week to ride twice a week and which I and a number of other cyclists were still riding this morning.

Last night a special community meeting (Groenkloof Security Initiative) was held, attended by around 200 residence to discuss, amongst other things, the spike in crime in the area over the past two months. In the longer term the idea is to have monitored access in Groenkloof. In the shorter term - immediately, the key proposal is to put patrol vehicles at the major access points in Groenkloof, of which one is at the corner George Sorros and Herbert Baker. They have called for contributions from residents to pay into a fund for this service.

Interestingly the meeting was informed about the attempted bike high jacking so there is concern all around.

It might be a good idea to link up with the GSI coordinators and the preferred security company that patrols this area i.e High Risk when u do the sweep.

Thanks for the information. Do you maybe have details so that we can contact the guys to coordinate?

Thanks for the information. Do you maybe have details so that we can contact the guys to coordinate?

PM sent with the those details

They also have a facebook page where incidents in the area are often reported @

Groenkloof Safety Initiative

Email: gsi@groenkloof.co.za

So any riders going to KK today I can join?

I would also like to help if I can.

I can maybe can go with some riders on my horse as my road bike wont be going off road.

But yea maybe we should look at different times for rides.

Karinvdw, This sucks big time, I do not like my spinner at all and neither does my neighbours like it.