Where have you been hit or almost hit by car?

Mr HotPants

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hit on Boeing road, Elardus Park Pta April 2006, broken pelvis, A grade road rash

Hit corner Transoranje and Church, Pta July 2006, broken fork, blue ass and dented pride

christiaan de wet (last year, training alone) loch ave (parktown, 2003) and bertha (braamfontein, 2003)

and then in my car today in melville... does that count? my tow bar is now skew, thank goodness i didn't have a bike on the back at the time

Cycling for 7 years now...never crashed in a race...never been hit by a car...touch wood.

You get 2 types of cyclists....the ones that has fallen already and the ones who is gonna fall!

Can't remember if I was actually hit or not - Garsfontein rd in Pretoria, August 2006 by a gentlemen that really didn't see me and really wasn't trying to mow down a cyclist (and that seemed to have gotten a bigger fright than I did).  Gravel under my knee-cap and some cuts and grazes.  Broken fork and trashed helmet.

Cycling for 7 years now...never crashed in a race...never been hit by a car...touch wood.

Ook nog nooit nie. Touch wood.

Het al 'n paar noue-ontkominge gehad !

Dis daai agro training partner van jou wat die motoriste so opwerk...

last year on New Years day, got hit at a robot by a car's mirror. At least he was going slow, almost fell. I confronted the driver and "you were riding in the road" with his stupid black accent.

Wynberg main road.... when I worked in Constantia I had to commute (3+  years ago) While riding straight ...a large opel astra tried to cut infront of me then turned left...... almost taking me out.

training on open roads is OK... but never commuting anywhere near Wynberg.... thank goodness those days are over.

Narra got hit on Friday.He didn't get hurt and the BIKE is FINE .. they only thing he was worried about.

He landed on the bonnet of the car, the guy was on his cell, he said he didn't think Narra was going so fast. smiley36.gif

Hit by car on Boschop road east of Pta at 05:30 one morning. Sand truck in opposite lane, $%^$%# motorist tried to squeeze in between me & truck. Only trafic for miles, but he could not wait 5 seconds. Some nasty roasties.

Riding buddy's bike hit on Lynwood road. Taxi overtook other traffic into our side of the road, speeding down on us. Buddy riding behind me lost control of his bike trying to ride as far left as possible, and fell over into the road. He got up and dived out of the road, but the taxi smashed into the bike without even braking - driver was looking to his left for a gap in the 6 or 7 cars he was overtaking, so did not even see what was going on in front of him. Lucky only a Giant got killed.