101% Training habits

Looking at your training stats posted i do not know what to say to you but you are one hell of a person to keep everything running, train, work, family etc.smileys/smiley32.gif

As i do aproximately 10- 12 hours per week(101% = 20 hours per weeksmileys/smiley32.gif) i find that i am tired etc.

Will you please share some of your training habits and supplements etc that you use to maintain your levels and what your training routine looks like. You mentioned that you are on the road when the young ones leave the clubs. What time do you start?

I am sure there are other hubbers and myself that can benefit from your advice

I am single. Got all the time in the world to do whatever I want and when I want. I prefer it this way, for now.

hehehe epoh, don't i know that feeling! (i shall remain single until i can find a man who's willing to allow me the freedom to continue being me and doing the things i do and in turn i shall allow the same in return. if i want to go cycling at 5am it's so nice to be able to do so smileys/smiley1.gif)

i'm sure that 101% either has the perfect mate or is also single to be able to put in those hours.

smileys/smiley4.gif

Well I'm married--------my wife found me with fishing & cycling well over 22 yrs ago...I always had my freedom to practice my 2 disciplines..she has time off for herself in a spa/stone massage etc that I send her on....

Guess its compromising people....partners should talk & give each other space & I don't mean buy her/him a rocket when they ask for some spacesmileys/smiley36.gif You will get a klapsmileys/smiley18.gif

"DTsmileys/smiley4.gif"

I'm still in high school but I think between school and the girlfriend I get less time to train than you working folks

Poika dream on, make hay while you still have the chance - you school laatjies have way to much timesmileys/smiley2.gif

Myself, i leave for work 6:20am get back +/- 6:15 pm, train only in the evenings. Average hrs per week = +/- 6-7, max hrs = 11-12 hrs for a few weeks perhaps.  I find it gets a bit hectic with not enough hours in the day. Have never been a big mileage person, highest week I ever had was just over 400km, and that was only 1 week many moons ago.My other 1/2 works longer hours than I do, is also a runner and studying part time so she does not really have much time to miss mesmileys/smiley19.gifsmileys/smiley4.gif when I am out training. Biggest problem when training a lot are the long daylight hrs and getting to bed to late constantly i.e. not enough sleep.

I would also like to hear how those who clock up so much mileage do it, do the work full time, studying, retired or what..?

Lucky you. I am working shifts so there isn't much time to train a lot anymore.

My ex-girlfriend didn't like my choice of sport and kept me of the bike for about a year

If I am lucky I can get in 2 trips a week.

I must dust my bike before I ride these days... id=

I am used to do no less that 150 KM per week to a peak of just under 800 km a week. I think my current ODO is just over 150 KM this YEAR.

So count yourself lucky.

Hi Team SL.

No its really not that bad ..I have a very loving wife , and we support each other with everthing we do. Another advantage I have is that I can cycle to work and back( dont need a car to do my work) , must tell you that living in Johannesburg with all the traffic takes me longer to get to work and back by car than if i cycle straight to work or straight home!

a tipical week.

Monday : work and back +-40km.

tuesday-Thursday:get up around 4h15, train in the morning then ride to work, got a couple of routes which are around 65km. plus another 20km home in the afternoon gives me around 80-85km or 2.5 - 3 hours.

Friday ; usually straight to work in the morning 20km. I'm lucky we leave early every Friday so i usually train in the afternoons +- 2-3hours. pointless getting home early for me , my wife only gets home around 17h30 .

Saturdays if we racing the Sunday I only do about 2hours , if not then between 3-4 hours.

Sunday either a race or go out with friends +-3-4 hours.

If I needed to be at work with a car , then this would not be possible as i have to be at work by 7H30. then there no time for a 2 hour ride plus shower , and slog it in traffic to get to work!! smileys/smiley2.gif 

Thanks for the info,

I was able to ride to work in the late eighties and early nineties.

Mon -Thurs 25km to work and 60 - 70 home via Harties

Sat- Race

Sunday - friends.

Got married, children and all changed but the wife started cycling as well and we are still going strong after 13 yrs each others company.

My current program looks like this and sometimes i end up on the rollers at 20h00 to 21h00 on a night.

Mon - thurs 1h00 on rollers at endurance 2, HR 70 - 80%

Saturday, Race (try to cyle to a race when possible)

Sunday, recovery ride 60 - 70KM

This is on a good week, half of this then it is a bad week.

What supplements do you use to recover? as i find this an area that i fall short on.

Team Sl, have you found your wheels yet? smileys/smiley18.gifsmileys/smiley4.gif smileys/smiley11.gif 

Kona,

Lucky not my wheels, but sad to say that some dude in sabie has a toyota with 2 mags and 2 standard rims and is wearing a Cedar Vadek winter jacket. 

I take my hat off to guys that are able to work a full day , then motivate them selves to get on a trainer and do a session . if i miss a training day I no for a fact theres no way I'll feel like training in the evening when I get home

Sunday mornings comment as I got home after my 70k recovery ride:-

"I'm sick of waking up and no one's here, you should have married your bike!"

Luckily she got over it and we had a lekker day anyway!

BB,

Get her onto a bike and all will change, unless there are children then it becomes tricky as to decide who looks after the kids and who trains.smileys/smiley1.gif

Gets up whenever after 4, so I get up to 1 - 1 1/2 hour of training in the mornings, sometimes train in the afternoons, running or swimming, never cycling. I don't do spinning, I hate it. Have to be back 6 in the morning, cook,eat, pack lunch , make the bed, feed the dog, shower. do as many things as possible. and leave for work 6:50, 700, 710... Back at 505, depending on how I feel I'll train