Immunity

Wheelsuck

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From the link supplied by Chunky...

"contains several antibodies normally present in adult human blood".

So why the frog would you want to INJECT yourself with something that you prolly have anyway?

Eat healthy, drink beer and get naked from time to time.

Oh, and avoid medical advice from those that are not qualified to dish it out may also help.

Anecdotal evidence is worthless, especially when combined with a sample size of one.

Just for your information I take their Multivitamin & Mineral Complex, Calcium & Magnesium Formula, Essential Fatty Acid Formula, Joint Formula and the Immune Formula.

My bathroom cabinet looks VERY similar

will try it out spinnekop. i am prone to colds. 2/3 a year.  suspect it is because i consume copious amounts of strong coffee daily Nuke

So why the frog would you want to INJECT yourself with something that you prolly have anyway?

Thats how some vacines work. Have you ever taken a flu vacine, because that is a modified strain of the virus injected into you to build resistance.

Wink

Caadman and WW: Thanks for the Info sounds like you guys are carbon copies of each other.

Swissy and Spinnekop: I'm gonna give this Zinc thing a bash. Spinnekop you take it daily then?

Bikemonster: Like your paradigm shift, will start dinner training but very low level intensity. Pinch

Kranswurm: What's this grass thing? Do u smoke this remedyWink        

Caadman and WW: Thanks for the Info sounds like you guys are carbon copies of each other.

Swissy and Spinnekop: I'm gonna give this Zinc thing a bash. Spinnekop you take it daily then?

Bikemonster: Like your paradigm shift' date=' will start dinner training but very low level intensity. Pinch

Kranswurm: What's this grass thing? Do u smoke this remedyWink        
[/quote']

Organic Wheat Grass is a, gluten free, super food that, when grown organically, absorbs 92 minerals from the soil. The Real Thing Wheat Grass is a power packed, multi-nutrient source. It contains only the powdered juice and fibre or organically grown wheat grass, and is bursting with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, enzymes proteins and amino acids, including 8 essential amino acids that the body does not synthesize its self.

Wheatgrass Nutritional Information
Calories3.36 cal/g
Ash11.26%
Moisture5.00%
Protein16.72%
Fat1.20%
Cholesterol4mg/100g
Sugars13.54%
Carbs63.00%

Vitamins
Vitamin A50 IU/100g
Beta Carotene42760 IU/100g
Vitamin B10.53 mg/100g
Vitamin B21.51 mg/100g
Vitamin B36.33 mg/100g
Vitamin B548.8 mg/100g
Vitamin B62.56 mg/100g
Vitamin C45.7 mg/100g
Vitamin E11.3 IU/100g
Vitamin K0.41 mg/100g
Choline63.68 mg/100g
Vitamin B1234.4 mcg/100g

Minerals
Calcium492.4mg/100g
Potassium37 mg/g
Magnesium1.5 mg/g
Iron0.114mg/g
Soduim442.8mg/100g
Phosphorous2.23 mg/g
Boron11.4 mcg/g
Manganese0.04 mg/g
Copper0.4 mg/g
Silver0.04 mcg/g
Chromium0.31 mcg/g
Zinc3.5 mg/100g

Amino Acids
Alanine1.33%
Arginine1.18%
Aspartic Acid1.17%
Glutamic Acid1.13%
Glycine0.95%
Histidine0.58%
Isoleucine0.81%
Leucine1.43%
Lysine1.14%
Methionine1.01%
Phenylalanine1.03%
Proline1.39%
Serine0.85%
Threonine0.90%
Tyrosine0.76%
Valine1.04%

Thats how some vacines work. Have you ever taken a flu vacine' date=' because that is a modified strain of the virus injected into you to build resistance.

Wink
[/quote']

Vaccination works by exposing you to a weakened virus, which is a very different thing to an antibody.  Your body generates antibodies to zap the virus.  Then, if you encounter the live virus, your body has the recipe for the necessary antibody 'on standby' and can react swiftly.

Now the cold virus is a tricky thing because it mutates very quickly.  You do not get the same cold twice.  Every time you catch a cold it is a virus that is sufficiently different to previous cold infections that it slips past your body's defences until your body has had time to develop an appropriate antibody to fight off the current cold.  This is why  there is no such thing as a cold vaccine.

The flu virus is much nastier than a cold virus.  They are emphatically not the same thing - flu kills people.  The flu epidemic of 1919 killed more people than died in WW I.  Flu mutates fairly quickly, which is why some strains are deadlier than others, but the flu virus mutates sufficiently slowly that strains can be identified and vaccines prepared, although you need a new vaccine every year if you want to be sure that you are "covered".

This thread has a great deal of voodoo going on.  The fact that 'pro racers take it' is not a great endorsement, as they are prolly even more susperstitious than the rest of us.  At least to the extent that if successful rider A is taking mystery muti X, and word gets out, the other riders are also likely to take mystery muti X.

Claims along the lines of "I take powdered badger whisker daily and I don't get colds!" are also worthless because that is purely anecdotal and at best establishes a correlation, not cause and effect.  If I rub toothpaste on my head every morning to prevent baldness, and my hair doesn't fall out, that does not mean that rubbing toothpaste on your head prevents baldness.

Try getting a course of Vitamin B12 and B complex shots... they work like a bomb Wink

Im with you on that one. It works realy well.

Don't hold onto the escalator when you use it and wipe the shopping trolley handle before you use it or ..... WEAR SURGICAL GLOVES EVERYWHERE WHEN YOU GO OUT!

Don't hold onto the escalator when you use it and wipe the shopping trolley handle before you use it or ..... WEAR SURGICAL GLOVES EVERYWHERE WHEN YOU GO OUT!

ROFLMFAO!

You cannot be serious!

Gee, why stop there?

Take an aqualung with you if you really must go out at all, and be sure to swab yourself down with surgical spirits when you come home, before lying under an unltraviolet light for 10 minutes.

There really is something wrong with you people! Eat a healthy and more balanced diet! That's it! Stop buggering around with this other crap, if you start feeling a bit sniffly take VitaminC, lots of it?

B12 and B complex works great but Neurobion works better. I found that work best for me is to get someone to inject you neurobion every two weeks and 4 weeks before a race when you are doing high intensity training I increase it to once a week. Hope this help.