Cycles Direct rider knocked down

mdk555

A Cycles Direct rider named Brendon was knocked down in Paarden Eiland this am. Seems like a Bantem bakkie coming from the opposite direction, never saw him,  turned in front of him and Brendan rode into the side of the bakkie.

He seems OK and besides some cuts has some upper body (ribs??) pain.

Ouch! Also almost went in to the side of a Corsa this morning when the woman didn't quite understand how a circle & yield signs work.

Ouch! Also almost went in to the side of a Corsa this morning when the woman didn't quite understand how a circle & yield signs work.

Very few people seem to understand traffic circles. Indicators are strictly optional! Driving in Parklands is like no-rules rugby - anything goes!

Who knew that cycling would become a full contact, extreme sport. It seems that most of SA's drivers don't get the circle concept.

He's a friend of mine. Was supposed to join us for a morning ride but was held up at home and went riding on his own.

He's got 4 cracked ribs and will be out of action for a couple of weeks but else he's fine.

Big%20smile

Not only circles but the use of the road & politeness in general...& the situation is not getting any better for us cyclists....

Tell you what It's Friday & I never look forward to it's afternoon Traffic....

"DTThumbs%20Up"

"You have to anticipate a drivers wrong moves. Riding a bike in traffic is like playing a live dangerous chess game. One wrong move and you end up on the side of the board."