Maxxis dealers in Johannesburg

6speedSchwinn

Good question. I want to replace my Larsens with Ignitors and I don't think I've seen them in the shops yet.

I have spoken to Robbie Powell at Probike (I think they are the distributers of Maxxis in SA), and he says the Ignitors have been discontinued.

I am looking for the Mimo USTs.

I have spoken to Robbie Powell at Probike (I think they are the distributers of Maxxis in SA)' date=' and he says the Ignitors have been discontinued.

I am looking for the Mimo USTs.[/quote']

wait......you "general public" contated a distributor and they replied to you..........ClapClapClap Well done probike.

normal TT works just as well . Still failing to see what's the big oooh-aaaaah about TT's . Great tyre and best value for money . Goes great over rocks and in the mud it just slides enough to make the ride fun .

in the mud it just slides enough to make the ride fun .

To me that is not fun. I want alot of grip. I must be able to ride at a 90? angle though mud without sliding. Then I will be happy and consider it "fun".

I like the TTs - it is all I've been using so far.  And here in Joburg I don't need anything else.  But I am doing the Sani2c and want to be prepared for all kinds of terrain.  I can just imagine last year's mud with TTs...

grip???

Hutchinson Python Light New Generation Tubeless light.

You get it in 3 versions:

XC Cross Country = and claimed weight is 625gr per tyre 26 X 2.10

XC Marathon = 750gr per tyre

Enduro All mountain = 850gr per tyre.

The pattern is the exact same.

So, if you going to compare, take the XC Cross Country Hutchinson.

We're off on a rabbit trail here - I actually want to know who stocks a variety of Maxxis MTB tyres here in Joburg.

And that is where this topic should stay. I actually want to know aswell becasue I want to try the Columbiere road tyres aswell.