Tour De Frans Group This AM

TNT1

Anyone ride with this group this morning? What's this story about some gorilla in a bakkie trying to beat guys up, waving a gun around? WTF?

???? Havent in a while but I have ridden a few times in the past. . Frans riders are well behaved, but there are a number of other groups that ride like cowboys upsetting motorists.

...but there are a number of other groups that ride like cowboys upsetting motorists.

now i wonder who that could be?  Wink

Unfortunately the rest get the brunt of the motorist anger. I once stopped at a robot and a car pulled up next to me and the driver proceeded to scream and shout at me about a bunch of cyclist he encounetered earlier. No idea what he wanted me to do about it.

Unfortunately the rest get the brunt of the motorist anger. I once stopped at a robot and a car pulled up next to me and the driver proceeded to scream and shout at me about a bunch of cyclist he encounetered earlier. No idea what he wanted me to do about it.

Precisely what I said was going to happen in a posting months ago!!!! Yet this notion was shot down by one of our erstwhile moderators who knew better? Any comments??
Delgado2007-02-16 02:30:25

Anyone ride with this group this morning? What's this story about some gorilla in a bakkie trying to beat guys up' date=' waving a gun around? WTF? [/quote']

I have just spoken to Frans and it seems that there was no gun involved, a cyclist who I believe was Anton Oberholzer, rode through a red robot and had an argument with the bakkie driver, broke his windscreen and verbally abused him in front of the whole group, which included ladies, using language that would shame a sailor.

And you are lucky that he just screamed at you and never ran you over!! It is sad when an innocent cyclist is accosted for the behaviour of our less evolved contemporaries!!!

It appears that this local hero to some is a downright ass***e, where is the dudes that defended his actions earlier this week.I wonder why people still want to ride with him, imagine the bakkie dude taking a potshot at him next week and hitting someone else in the bunch are we going to bay for the blood of the motorist again????

just wondering, is this the same ass who was band from the sport a few years back and messed around in one of the past races while riding in the "im not entered in this race, but will cause choas, because im an idiot" group?

this guy is not a cyclist he's a joke! a sad excuse for a moron.

Mallo, I spoke up in the other thread against accusing him of doping and dragging up the past in this context. He has returned no (publicly) positive tests recently, so let the doping side go.

I agree he is a loose cannon with a volatile temper. I guess this is just his nature. as far as I understand it (my father used to race against OB's father back in the day, and knew him quite well, so I guess I am well informed) Ob has always been this way. Possibly someone needs to speak to him about it, and for my part, I will chat to him about today's events, and see what he has to say. But at the end of the day he's just someone I know, so no-one can control his actions.

Actually there are a few people that behave in a similar manner and I try and stay away from training with them. 

Spot on Delgado.

I will stand up and say i too did not agree with some comments made about the (in)famous OB that had zero to do with his actions on the day. I have never seen him at the Frans ride along's but then the guy is so strong he probably is half a kilo away before i have even clipped in. Certainly appears to be a loose cannon.

Precisely what I said was going to happen in a posting months ago!!!! Yet this notion was shot down by one of our erstwhile moderators who knew better? Any comments??

delgado' date=' i also said the same thing... and say it regularly despite being flamed every time.[/quote']

I don't understand.

This will be the same as when Piet lifts Sannie's dress to have a peak and then Koos gets a uitk$(*)(@# because he too is a boy!!!!  What kind of person will do that????  One with no brain......"Antwoord 'n dwaas nie in sy sotheid nie" was the wise words of Salamo

spaaidy, the one thing that we definately all seem to agree on is the level of intellect of most SA road users sooooo....

This will be the same as when Piet lifts Sannie's dress to have a peak and then Koos gets a uitk$(*)(@# because he too is a boy!!!!  What kind of person will do that????  One with no brain....

is exactly the point!