Help, clicking sound on MTB

light work

<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Hope someone can help me. I had a small fall on my MTB and now have a clicking sound whenever you go over a bump or if you push a little harder. It sounds like it?s coming from the seat post or saddle. I have tried tightening both and can?t see any cracks. Any suggestions?

What is the make and model also HT or FS? BB is a common source of clicking, especially when the clicking is more prevelant under higher load.

Ha! The old click, click, click. Who needs a cadence sensor anyway! (just count the clicks)

Process of elimination.

Start with the pedals. take off, clean & regrease.

Next take off & clean the chainrings ,clean bolts & regrease.

Then move to the more complicated stuff like the BB & headset.

Keep going you will eventually get it.Smile

If it still clicks when youre standing up Its not the seat/post & visa versa

Probably the BB or the bars in the clamp if not the seat.

When you ride the bike, take your weight off the saddle while you pedal and ride over a few bumps and check if the sound is still there.

If there is no click with your weight off the saddle - remove seatpost and clean out seat tube and apply some grease, also remove saddle from post and clean rails and mounts for rails apply a LITTLE grease and re-assemble. make sure your seatpost clamp is also nice ind tight.