Warming Up

Is there any point warming up for the Argus, considering that you will then stand around for 30 - 45 minutes in your pen? Pehaps its time to take a set of rollers into the penBig%20smile

always found this be a huge problem too! i have always warmed up by riding to the start (12km) but by the time i set off i have cooled down totally...try to stretch in the starting pen but even that's difficult once the pen starts to fill up with riders!! the first 10ks inevitably hurts as the bunch prints off...

I use to do some standing stretches and those kicks that runners do before they start. Just try and get the heart rate up a bit and you body will warm up.

Bwahahahaha! I had exactly the same thought last night Foe Fighter!LOL Famba2009-03-05 04:20:30

Rollers would be a good idea but- what to do afterward, cant leave it there...LOL, and your not a pro starting in the Elite / Giro group so it will look a bit weird. Guess up to A you can show off on rollers. Will take the rollers along to the parking and then warm up there and head out to the start, push my way to the front and then your off...

I started in B last year and some guy brought his rollers into the pen. After 5 minutes and lots of sarcastic comments later he stopped. We still had 45 minutes to wait before the start.

I'm always too lazy to warm up for anything. Which might explain why the first hour of an MTB race is hell for me....

I'm always too lazy to warm up for anything. Which might explain why the first hour of an MTB race is hell for me....

On a MTB race I find the first 18 hours to be the toughest smiley17.gif