Crit the Tour de Boland

Groot Lem

And here's my suggestion for a nice Giro preparation stage.

How about a stage from Wellingon' date=' over Bainskloof, then past the Calabash bush pub, right onto the Wolseley / Worcester road (sorry can't recall the R??ame), then right into Slanghoek, towards Rawsonville and then over du Toitskloof, finishing somewhere in Paarl, even if its at the bottom of Du Toitskloof to avoid any disruption to traffic. (the rest of the route has little traffic, apart from the piece on the R??, but that's only a few km's, and then the section on the N1 till you take the old pass)

Just a thaught, use it.. don't use it...
[/quote']

Great route, and it would be even more interesting if it ended at the top of Du Toitskloof.

10m05sec' date=' Arno's club record 9m45.

[/quote']

And there I was feeling so chuffed with my 12:25 on the weekend OuchCry

As an average to weak vet rider i was a little terrified at the prospect of racing with the elites so close to Giro, knowing how strong they would / should be at this time of year Confused

But in the end i had a great time, was not as hard as i thought it would be, even the slight detour on Friday with the Paardeberg climb was quite pleasant. I think that the vets should race more with the elites raise the bar a little, after racing the Paarl race on Sunday and comparing it to the Tour De Boland which had just finished the day before, there was no comparison - negative racing and a Sunday cruise compared to the fierce pace of racing with the elites.

I thought the whole tour was great, no gripes from my side - really hope you invite the vets again next year - we dont mind racing with the elites as long as they play nice Wink

I hope more vets can take time out of their work / family lives to attend more of the local events like this - the only way they can grow is by being there.

Although us vets do take up the back of the bunch when racing with elites - we promise to try and race harder next time..... maybe sit in the middle of the bunch LOL although Garth Thomas looks like he can commute from back to front with one kick - horse power!

Looks like I'm late to the party...

Was a great event... would be awesome to see it become a permanent fixture on the calendar...

An extra day or twos racing wouldn't be a bad idea... maybe look to include the paarl league race... or something like that... I know most of us did that anyway, but would be nice if it was a 4 day tour or even 5 if possible...

Anybody have a extra Mavic Criserium front wheel in his possession after the race.  Lost one<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />