Cycling DVD’s

wonduhboy

with the many miles to be done on the indoor trainer, I'm looking at GOOD cycling dvd's to keep me entertained.

Can anyone recommend any and also where can I get them

I know CSC made one called "the overcoming"?

smileys/smiley4.gif

Dunno man..tell me when you find them...see the Paris Raboux is being televised this week on S/Sport till Sunday...guess I'll watch that while on the trainer....it might inspire me to new heights...I find indoor training boring but sadly we have to do it when it's not suitable to venture outdoors...

"DTsmileys/smiley4.gif"

"Pro" and "A Hard Road" are both pretty good - search for them on the web and you should be able to orer online.

One dvd you gotta have is the 2005 Giro.

If that dont get you motivated, nothing will, it is absolutely superb!!, that finale is just the most exciting bit of cycling I have ever seen.smileys/smiley20.gifsmileys/smiley20.gif

Personally I didnt enjoy "Overcoming" but I am not really interested in the back room business, to me it was a bit like Reality TV.

Check out www.cyclesport.uk. they have a good selection and they deliver in two weeks max, you pay in pounds so expect to pay the equivalent of ABOUT R400.00 per dvd, but its hassle free and well worth it.

You can also try www.cyclesport.com the USA based division, they are quite a bit cheaper in Rand terms, but they use a differant dvd format so you need to stipulate your format, they also dont take c/cards from SA due to the high c/card fraud here (you have to use "pay pal" or bank directly into their account which is a hassle).

Unless you are an Armstrong fan I would skip the TDF dvds (to me they are nothing but LA promotional ads) and maybe look at the 2004 Giro - those shots of Cunego at his best will get you tighteining the resistance every two minutes.smileys/smiley4.gif

Have fun.!

Sorry, I forgot to mention, the Giro 2005 is a 4 dvd set, so its about R100 per dvd, if you wanna look at it like that.smileys/smiley4.gif