S.Cycling & M.Lange ??

DRIVETRAIN

smiley4.gif

Not a great fan of this programme but once in a while I watch it, like last night for example. Ride for Sight in particular displayed the "arrogance and chip on my shoulder" as "Pro-Cyclist" one Malcolm Lange...

Now some of U may disagree & I'll respect that but when U knock someone over like the blonde lady U help them to their feet and assess what happened right ?? Well not in this case because after all she is an insignificant fun rider ??? Is it because he wwas racing for a finish with his buddies ???

He darted off bemoaning the situation & she still sat on the road with bike one side...Ok she was not hurt per say but shaken indeed...

Now I see why I do not consider S/African riders as "Pro" -- & why I never watch SA sport...Blast me if U want by all means but it was said on the same programme how lax these riders are...if U watched & listened.

just thought I'sd vent my opinion!!!

"DTsmiley4.gif"

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the trouble started with the Elites finishing the race much faster than anticipated. I must agree with you. That lady rider had just as much right being on the route as them. Why are the Elites still racing 100/116km races anyway? Organisers should let them race proper distances. >150km

Dan Spence rode into the girl.  Malcolm was complaining to the TV motorbike while waiting for D.S. to catch up. 

missed that, managed to get half way through the show and then lost interest.

so what exactly happned ? point form please :-)

1. Malcom crashed into a fun rider.

2. No actually it was Daniel.

3. Or Darryl maybe?

4. Ok a rider in yellow crashed into a fun rider.

5. Got up rides away..leaving the poor fun rider on the road.

Couldn't see from the footage to see whether D.S. checked on the girl, I just hope that the MTN/Microsoft car did once they changed D.S.'s wheel.

P.S. After meeting Malcolm on a training ride this December he is, in my opinion on of the most down to earth pro riders in the country. my 2c
Le Tour2007-02-21 01:53:50

The thing about the elites being faster than expected and intersecting the fun riders was raised yesterday and call me a bit thick but I don't understand.

The fun riders were there before during and well after the elites went past - like hours after.  The only way to avoid them was to get to the intersection before they arrived.

From the telly it looked like the trafficat the intersection was the main problem.

It was Spence who rode into the chick.....and M Lange gave the organisers a piece of his mind....nothing wrong with it! AuctionLamb2007-02-21 02:01:17

Nice summary Mud DeeClap

I didn't see the show last night, but I can imagine that in the heat of the moment, Malcolm was quite upset. I don't know what he said. But after the event, I did chat to Nic and Daniel about it, and they were very apologetic about crashing into her (from a team and individual standpoint) and the asked us to get them her details so they could follow up and speak to her and apologise in person.