EC70 Seatpost

Buff

They're made of alumium and I've tried the roughening up bit already... still struggling to find a crocodile with a cold though, they're scarse in the Cape in summer Wink 

Thanks

For the love of all that is holy' date=' could someone please advise me on how to fix a saddle that keeps on sliding in the seatpost clamp?

I have an easton ec70 post and it appears as if the built in shim on the clamp is machined incorrectly as the top clamp make contact with the bottom clamp before exerting enough pressure on the saddle rails.

So far I've removed the top clamp and filed it down to create more pressure but this only worked for the first month or so (done this twice already).

I'm currently overtightening the sucker and I know it's just a matter of time before the bolt snaps... probably when I'm 100kays away from home as well. Another mate of mine has the same problem with his ec70, so it seems to a factory defect. 

Any suggestions?

PS! No Minty, I'm not going to buy a Titus just to replace the seatpost, but thanks for the thought anyway!
[/quote']

No, no, no....that would not be necessary.

For the issue at hand, i would also suggest a Thompbuyatitusracerxson Elite post.

Sorry for the late reply....only saw the post now. Been trying to limit my Hub-usage.....it's dangerous addiction! Smile

had the same problem with a raleigh rm7 seat post which kept on dropping.  caused me a serious knee injury as i did not notice it slip 10cm during a race (sabi - to exhausted to realise). 

i took all the lubricant off the seat post and roughed up with sandpaper but no matter how tight i made it, it would always slip after long rides.

not a problem any more cos i dont have the bike LOL
cheveley2007-02-27 09:48:24

• 3 weeks later...

A can of coke works wonders, cut a piece out of it and use it as a shim, works great because it is soft enough to shape accordingly to the place you fit it.