Fritz Pienaar denies uncompetitive behaviour

Ralphk

Hmmm, I was just reading the last few posts and was quite impressed with Mr Els and his letter to FP, great I thought, heres someone who believes in ethical and fair business, but then one moves on and reads the follow up letter and I feel I have to re-acess that position, now I see Mr Els and Pro bike as the bully in the playground, and not very pleasant ones at that.

I have never liked bullies, fortunately, as they are quick to burn bridges they can never cross back over the river, when it gets cold and damp on the other side.!   

porky2009-03-19 09:30:20

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the no Cajees and Westdene. It's proberbly with them the rest have a problem with.

Nice. They're the only two shops that have seen a single cent from me in like the last 5 years...

Know for a fact that Cajess were invited but told them all to go fly!!! 

I like the no Cajees and Westdene. It's proberbly with them the rest have a problem with.

Nice. They're the only two shops that have seen a single cent from me in like the last 5 years...

Pity, I'd have liked to have seen a bit of a jihad against cyclelab and co...

or Solomons... with their new branch in Jhb territory LOL

Glad to see Tony Impey not on the list!!!

I have all respect for the owners of Cajees, they are without a doubt the biggest and most profitable retailers in Gauteng - just walk into any of their stores and they are packed from floor to ceiling with bikes and product - at most other shops you might see 5 bikes if you are very lucky.

They are businessmen at their peak, they run their shops from behind the counter and if you have issues you dont need to fill in a form, log into the internet, look for a responsible person, find a complaints box, post a letter, send an e-mail - NOTHING - the responsible person is standing right there behind the counter!! 

I will definately only support them in future for what I buy locally.

porky2009-03-19 08:59:29

I try my best to be the d*ck everyone makes us Mods out to be smiley36.gif
you're doing a fine job smiley2.gif
I see Admin pm'ing me in my near future about 'abuse of members'...(again) smiley2.gif

how does one report admin? smiley2.gif smiley36.gif

Mr Els : could you indicate whether that email to Zoon Cronje is authentic?

Harryn

I posted on this forum in the first place in response to Probike's name appearing on a list of attendee's of a cycle industry meeting.

The competition between a few players in the cycle industry is quite legendary. I don't mind that this thread was switched to the contents of a private e mail I sent to Silverback. The e mail was in response to Silverback informing dealers the pricing and spec of Raleigh. We prefer of course that dealers would rather look at Probike's own catalogues and latest price lists.

Silverback has won the latest round in the marketing battle by getting my e mail published here. That's okay. It's a kind of Coke/Pepsi or MTN/Neotel thing between the 2 brands. Silverback is going to keep making our life tough with excellent priced product and positioning themselves cleverly as Zoon has done by forwarding this e mail for posting here and we are going to keep their life tough by doing the exact same thing, responding to their marketing to dealers and selling some product below our cost. Probike has many loss leaders that open our customers order books and they then order other product from us which is good for our business.

Back to the reason I posted in the first place: it was in response to Probike being associated with a certain industry meeting.

Industry players who post on these pages always run the risk of censure by members to a certain extent as I have personally experienced when I naively took on Chris Willemse here a year or 2 ago. That's also okay! Chris is still a good customer of Probike.

As I said to Holy Roller I would prefer not to debate questions and counter questions on the forum regarding the original reason I posted here because my intention was merely to clarify our position on competition, but I am available at any time on 083 458 5552 or brandon@probike.co.za

Brandon

Hey, what happened - I was busy reading a post here by Windbreaker, went to fetch a cuppa tea and now its gone.?

Thank you, Brandon,  for your detailed and forthright reply.

First off I would like to assure you that i have no axe to grind with you or any of your competitors. I am not at all involved in the cycling industry - my interest stems purely from the fact that i like to ride my bike.

That said, do you not think that it is very anti-competitve to be moving stock at below cost with the express intent of "wiping out" out a competitor? Do you not think that could be interpreted as a gross abuse of your company's dominance in the industry?

Hey' date=' what happened - I was busy reading a post here by Windbreaker, went to fetch a cuppa tea and now its gone.?

[/quote']

Ja porky - his posts have gone *poof* !

some really interesting posts.

First time in a while that on page 28 of a thread there is still some good debate.

As an aside, do probike only sell raleigh equipment  ?

A quick google of probike takes you to the raleigh website.

Hey' date=' what happened - I was busy reading a post here by Windbreaker, went to fetch a cuppa tea and now its gone.?

[/quote']

First time in a while that on page 28 of a thread there is still some good debate.

As far as I know they are the guys that do Scott as well.

[/quote']

As far as I know they are the guys that do Scott as well.

is there anything the airline doesnt know ? Wink