Tandem Racing

Maverick0073

there needs to regulation for Racing Tandems.

how do you clarify the difference between racing tandems and socials

any one who thinks they are a racing tandem can enter the catogory.

there are more and more accidents happening in this group

also there must be a difference between male and mixed tandems.

most of the time tandems start in front of the pros, but only about 10 racing tandem teams out there are actually faster than the pros, so why is there no regulation????

everyone on a tandem can ride downhill fast, but how many can climb, after every accent there is a break away and on the decents the @#$%^ usless tandems come flying past on the down hills and cutting in front causing accidents.

when last did you ever see a mixed tandem pull in the front. they all just sit behind and slip??? (sorry J kriege its not for you)

there has to be some change!!!!!!!  

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maverick,

The big accident on the weekend happened amongst Experienced Racing Tandem'ers, so how would that have helped to have split them up??

Why should there be a difference between Male & Mixed Tandems?

Our TCS Mixed Racing Tandem won Lost City Overall, beating the All Male Tandem into Second Place, should they be discriminated against because the Lady is "perceived"to be a weak rider, when in fact they can take on and sometimes beat the Male Tandems???

Maybe you should think a little more carefully before making accusations like:

"When last did you ever see a mixed tandem pull in the front. they all just sit behind and slip??? "

I can think of quite a number of Mixed Racing Tandems that do not shirk their responsibility to share or make the pace up front...

I can also think of a couple of occasions where it was the Mixed Tandems doing all the pulling in front and the Male Tandems just sitting behind and slipping!!!!

So Who/What gives you the right to demand

"there has to be some change!!!!!!!"  

Baie waar - oor die algemeen dink ek hulle gaan seeding moet begin run vir tandems - die groep raak way te groot

Nog iets wat hulle gaan moet oorweeg is hoe hulle seeding doen op tandems, baie vrouens bv klim saam mans op tandems en kry hierdie helse goeie tyd / index wat beteken wanneer die CSA license ding gaan uitkom, gaan daar meer mense saam die pro's kan wegspring, maar hulle hoort nie regtig daar nie

Pensie,

Die Race organisers en Provinsie ouens wat die lisensies toeken is al klaar besig om die mense wat hulle seeding met Tandems probeer opstoot en wat individueel nie baie goed is nie, se seedings dienooreenkomstig aan te pas.

Ek stem saam dat tandems dalk hulle eie seeding leer moet kry, maar hoekom moet Jaco & Amoryn bv gepenaliseer word as hulle sterk genoeg is om teen die mans tandems te kan kompeteer en of selfs die mans tandems kan wen???

the accident on Sunday would never have happened if there was seeding in the tandems. nobody wanted to work on the front except krieger and club100.

in my 5 years as a tandem rider i have only seen 1 mixed ever do any work and that was J kieger. 

there are some very strong mixed, but how strong are they really?

and the race that you won , how many of the top tandems entered?????

when last did you ever see a mixed tandem pull in the front. they all just sit behind and slip??? (sorry J kriege its not for you)

Sorry to disagree Maverick, but on more than one occasion have I been in the tandem bunch where the mixed tandems do all the work and the male tandems have a free ride to sprint at the finish for what, maybe 5th position??  Angry

Maverick, put some solutions forward, don't just question.

We for one are not strong but try to do our share at the front - we also get gatvol of the singles that believe the tandems are there to pull them and once a tandem is in front believe it's their right to just follow smiley7.gif

I am a very new Tndem rider, and certainly know where my place is.... my pilot is experienced, but we DO NOT take chances... both like our skin where it is.

How are the cyclists that fell? .... heard from Jnr that it was not a pretty sight, and he actually felt terrible after passing the scene.

Hope they are OK.

MMM Maverick ? This is dangerous territory.. TCS tandem is redelik aan die sterk kant?.hoekom gaan trek jy nie ?n paar results op Cycle Events nie en kyk maar self hoeveel van die groot races was TCS op die podium terwyl daar ander sterk tandems was?.jy mag dalk net jou mind verander<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Daar is geen rede om hulle te penaliseer nie ? die seeding moet uitgewerk word ongeag wie op die tandem sit?maar ek is bly as hulle daaraan gaan werk..kan ook nie wag om Amoryn en Jaco op die tandem te sien race nie..

I am with you Maverick

if the mixed are so good... then why would they not want there own catogory????

sounds like they just want to stay in the one catogory to slip the males

LOL

maverick...vinnige vragie...het jy dalk nie op winningtime ingesit tye vir net male tandems nie....ons almal maak foutjies...kyk weer