Ullrich says BYE

TheLegend

www.spiegel.de

www.radsport-news.com

in his press conference this morning ullrich said he quits active cycling but will stay connected to cycling. apparently he will work for a cycling team which hasn't named and further work together with companies developing sports equipment.

he claimed that 7 teams had amde him offers, also pro-tour teams but he decided against it.

again he stresses that he is innocent and can't understand why he is treated as a criminal.

basso has been at a hearing with the spanish cycling association but he ahs never been invited for something like that and is very dissapointed by the uci, the german and the swiss cycling association.

so basso is back and ullrich gave in. quite interseting how they were treated differently by the different associations and the public.

TheLegend2007-02-26 05:10:48

Does this mean that the results of the DNA blood matching are not published? I haven't heard the results.

Come to think of it he refuses to give DNA blood which would clear him, even though he wants to race again... then suddenly he agrees to.... then he retires from racing...... hmm

Well on the up side, at least I wont get my hopes up again just to have them dashed, again.

I'll miss big Jan

Does this mean that the results of the DNA blood matching are not published? I haven't heard the results.

haven't been compared yet but his blood samples should be in germany by now or on the way. from what you can gather from the media. at leas it appears that he can't prevent this from happening again. there has jsut been a verdict against an appeal of jan last week so nothing stands in the way anmore.

so I was right about being a mechanic for Volksbank......

dark day for cycling, No Pantani, No Ullrich.......where have all the good men gone ?

so not past Tour winners active in the peloton ?

This shouldn't take too many lines to type out:

Landis - nope.

Armstrong - him neither

Pantani - prolly not

Riis - Outside chance

Indurain - Hell, even I kicked his butt the only time I "raced" against him

Bummer, as this now makes a second TdF victory even more unlikely than usual for Der Kaiser.  It's a pity 'cause it would have made for a very pleasing symmetry if he could have "bookended" his career with TdF victories.

Unfortunate prediction, with no gloating, only true sadness: Expect Big Jan to get REALLY big in the next 18 months.

It was an inevitable (and rather sad) conclusion to a great athletic career, but, no matter what he says publicly, I doubt any team would have signed him, and definately not a pro-tour team.

..........As for Basso, expect him in court in June (the Spanish prosecutor has virtually told him, he will be called to testify) his case is not yet out of the shadows!!.

............ but, yes I agree, had Basso been fired from his team like T-MOBILE did with Jan, Basso may have found himself in the same predicament, fortunately for him, CSC played the waiting game somewhat longer than T-MOBILE and it ultimately benefited him tremendously.