Can this work?

Brakkies Sport Fotos

Why will it not work if you have a rule that when the slower bunch catch a bunch , that bunch must allow the faster one to go through and cannot get involved in the race as they are seen as "nutralized".

They can slip a, but must stay at the back of the fast bunch.

Surely, once this is implemented, the presure from the fast bunch will force this rule?

Will it work?

Think about this, I went of in the 99'er and solo home. Could not get to E but was on my way to "win" the group spot, A, B and a vets rider (V001) number had punchers and they created a group, bringing a couple of F guys back to me, They caaught me on the 99'er at the very last hill, (within 1km from the end)..Is it fair?

I took this from the Double Century Rules:

D/C Rule: RIDING FORMATION: (replace "team" with "group" ) and read..

TEAMS MUST STAY APART: One team may not, under any circumstances, join another team along the route and teams are required to remain 100 m apart, except when overtaking. The onus is on the team caught, to give way to the overtaking team, and to allow the required gap to be re-established before continuing at speed.

A participant from one team may only join another team with the full consent of that other team and this should only happen in a case of dire need.

This is already a rule.  While it isn't used for funrides, it is there and is implemented with the leagues.  It can be very difficult to enforce this rule, but there have been riders DQ'd this season for breaking this rule.

Popeye you can not just adapt the DC rule because in the DC, everybody in "the bunch" is working to a common goal.  The DC is in effect a long team time trial.

If you really care about racing to win you should be riding in one of the league categories.  Winning in the alphabet soup is pretty meaningless. 

(And I should know 'cause I once got a win when I was in Z.)

Why is it not a "rule" in the funrides. I will say that it become a general rule and is anounced at every start of the diff. it will make it easy to k@k someone out if they dont stick to it.

Currently, no one thinks about it, so they dont care and the "faster bunch" guys cannot talk to the wheel suckers.

I know its going to be difficult to DQ someone for it, but if it become a "RULE" , group pressure will sort it out.

On saturday, just before we finished a Worcester Wheeler guy (b rider) try to tell the wheel suckers to not interfere with us in the front, they just ignore him and sprint pass,

Maybe if it become a rule , that can trigger something somewere.

Not all cyclist are stupid,... (only 70% are dof...when they are high on Energade)

I got a win in the temp bunch, 2 in "I", 1 in G-H and one in C-D bunch, going to take a few years before I see a "WIN" againEmbarrassed

I think they should maybe just have a rule that don't allow you to join any of the leading / front part of a group cuz you just messing with the group dinamics...agg what do i care, just come ride in the League Pops, they your troubles will be gone, you getting to strong for the alphabets by the looks for it.

Popeye.... as these riders are not riding to UCI licence rules... being a 'funride' the Association would need to implement the rule. Who is going to monitor it, as you cannot put a vehicle per group to keep an eye on this.

A very good idea, but only the genuine few will stick to it if implemented.

Races run for 'Licensed' riders (No Funride) is easy to monitor, as they have referees with them.

I like your idea, good thinking.

Sorry Popeye, but I still don't get what you are getting worked up about.  If you aren't in one of the league categories it's a FUN ride.  Sure, it's nice to get your name on the top of the list for your start group, but that's all that it is.  PPA have their hands full enough with not disqualifying guys in the racing groups that break the rules.  Can you imagine the political bun fights that we would have to deal with if there was the threat of DQing for the rest of us?

If I get dropped by my start bunch - it's been known to happen - I will hop in with the next bunch to come past and if I can overtake some guys from my start group  I will do so.

It's all well and good to talk of DQing, but DQing from what igzackly?

Now, if you want to do something about guys who overtake between the finish line and the timing mats, then you'll have my full support!

For such a rule to be effective, it has to be policed and enforced, which requires manpower.

So, the answer to your question "Can this work?" is yes.

Will it work? No.

Its only a funride' date=' why do you moan about Koos that pops infront of you over the mat?

Its only a 2 second loss.[/quote']

My point precisely!

At least now I know the guy's name.  Koos, you say?

Sorry Popeye' date=' but I still don't get what you are getting worked up about.  If you aren't in one of the league categories it's a FUN ride.  Sure, it's nice to get your name on the top of the list for your start group, but that's all that it is.  PPA have their hands full enough with not disqualifying guys in the racing groups that break the rules.  Can you imagine the political bun fights that we would have to deal with if there was the threat of DQing for the rest of us?

If I get dropped by my start bunch - it's been known to happen - I will hop in with the next bunch to come past and if I can overtake some guys from my start group  I will do so.

It's all well and good to talk of DQing, but DQing from what igzackly?

Now, if you want to do something about guys who overtake between the finish line and the timing mats, then you'll have my full support!

[/quote']

If we are talking funrides why are you worried about people passing you before the mats (after the "finish line").  If you are worried about that then you are racing.  For a fun ride you actually shouldn't even have a finish line, you start, ride, and finish over the mats, why sprint for the line if it's a funride.  Yep I know, it's an ego thing :)  Also remember seeding works on time, not who's first in a bunch

Every cyclist always take a cooler box to races.... why???? Not to store his energy drinks in but to preserve his brain. He takes this out when the race begins and NEVER EVER thinks again during the race. he only makes use of his brain stem .... that is where the most primal of thoughts reside. letting a faster bunch trough is not registered here..... thus this idea, how smart it may sound WILL NEVER WORK!!!!!! Some even forgets to put their brains back in after the race and throws it away with the empty beer bottles!!!!!!

Every cyclist always take a cooler box to races.... why???? Not to store his energy drinks in but to preserve his brain. He takes this out when the race begins and NEVER EVER thinks again during the race. he only makes use of his brain stem .... that is where the most primal of thoughts reside. letting a faster bunch trough is not registered here..... thus this idea' date=' how smart it may sound WILL NEVER WORK!!!!!! Some even forgets to put their brains back in after the race and throws it away with the empty beer bottles!!!!!!

[/quote']

He he, I like this explanation, thanks Big H.  The problem with taking ones brain out every race is that bits seem to get broken off and sometimes I think it's only these broken bits that get put back LOL

I got a win in the temp bunch' date=' 2 in "I", 1 in G-H and one in C-D bunch, going to take a few years before I see a "WIN" againEmbarrassed

I think they should maybe just have a rule that don't allow you to join any of the leading / front part of a group cuz you just messing with the group dinamics...agg what do i care, just come ride in the League Pops, they your troubles will be gone, you getting to strong for the alphabets by the looks for it.
[/quote'] I agree you should go and ride league and really test yourself, F group won't help improve your riding...

Sorry Francios... How are we going to be "seeded" in the big races to get a Argus seeding...

Gaan jy al die funriders in 'n bondel laat start...

Ek is G in die ppa, ... Ek was G geseed in die 99'er, 'n Argus Qualifying event (as jy vergeet het)

Gelukkig mag ek met die F lappie ry want ek nou al omtrent 'n "D" ...

Gaan ook nie R40 betaal om 'n nuwe lappie te kry.