malanshoogte climb in the Giro

http://www.citycyclingclub.org/cctraining/thumbnails/cctraining08_jpg.jpgthis foto was taken on club training ride about halfway down (up) the climb. the gravel road is in the distance at the top end of the foto. the climb is quite steep at first and if the south easter pumps the climb will be hard and hot. the climb flattens out to the top and speed will be high. this particular spot will be great for viewing 

i drove it on saturday.  are there anyplans to give that rode a quick grade cayuse it is very corigrated.  i dont mind riding on grave but i dont want to break my bike in the process

Token2007-02-27 07:26:35

Just take care where the gavel meets up with the tar.  The garvel itself is not that bad, but there is a bit of a downhill just before the change to tar.  The change itself is a sharp edge where you'll pinch flat before you can say snakebiteWink

Experience talkingOuch.

Dont ride in Europe then' date=' esp Paris Roubaix, or anything in Belgium[/quote']

Hey i did last year.  but that race is in a *** condition

The Gravel bit is in a very good condition for a gravel road in the Cape. I think the last bit of the route is worse (climb up to Bloemendal) Ti-ny2007-02-27 08:13:36