INCIDENT AT SUBARU/SABIE MTB RACE

fourbar

Did any Hubber perhaps witness the scuffle that broke out between two riders on the 40 k route at the weekend? Apparently it statred over a waterbottle and ended up in the one guy being bumped off his bike and ending up in hospital with a broken shoulder!!!

Anybody witnessed this or know of somebody that did. It apparently happened at the 18k water table...

EISHHHH...!!!

AngryNope, an old school friend of mine came to the rescue of the guy. Apparently he missed the incident with a few minutes, the aggressor having "done the deed" and chased off. Wish I was there though to witness it. Regardless of the level of provocation, you don't bump a guy off at 30kph!

Had a similar aggressive b#stard at the recent Barberton race!

Pantani: if it is a common thing nowerdays, I'm scared-very, very scared. It's not as if we're winning the battle against the already "made up"perceptions of cyclists out there only to be confronted with a new breed of "hooliganism" amongst ourselves! Holy cow! if the fight started over a water bottle and ended up in hospital, way down the field- whatsup with us...?

Perhaps we deserve the tagging to an extent?