Shot TitusTi

MintSauce

Not just stroking his ego here, but really, I have to give a shout out to TitusTi.

Below some pics of the wheels he built for me recently. Took them out for a short stint in town riding some small drops and stairs(worked late and still had to fit rimstrips, Stan's and tyres so couldn't do a full ride)

In 14yrs of riding I've only ridden about 5 new wheels, but never ever have I gotten on a pair the first ride and not heard a single squeek. There are always numerous little pings and squeeks as the spokes settle and then they have to go back to the shop to be retensioned.

Read an article a while ago that said that a well built set of wheels will not need any retensioning after the first hour or two of riding and will not make any 'settling' noises.

First time ever that I experienced this with these wheels. Not a single little squeek....nothing! They are solid as a house and totally true. Can't wait to hit the dirt this weekend!

20070228_001101_Picture_042.jpg

20070228_001130_Picture_047.jpg

Nah....Revolutions too light. Went for  burlier build.

DT EX 5.1d rims and DT Competition spokes on Chris King ISO hubs.

Can feel the weight difference over the Revo spokes and Mavic 717s but the extra strength will be worth the tradeoff as I'm riding a bit harder(read careless) than i used too.

Didn't weigh them ufortunately. Wanted to, but couldn't get to a proper scale.

Will check weightweenies though

Have you had the bearings reset yet? Glad to hear all is good.

-- Surprised to hear they didn't ping at all, normally they do a little bit, must just be even better than I think, and I think I'm damned good!
TitusTi2007-02-28 04:04:56

Have you had the bearings reset yet? Glad to hear all is good.

-- Surprised to hear they didn't ping at all' date=' normally they do a little bit, must just be even better than I think, and I think I'm damned good!
[/quote']

Oh so humble LOL

Just don't have time to do the bearings this week. Will take to Will next week. Been riding them like this for 3 months so i reckon one weekend of thrashing won't do any more damage

**thinks of the replacement cost of King bearings, cringes and holds thumbs**