Whistler Trip - Ideas? Anyone in?

Saffa_G

Guys and gals..... I am planning to head to Canada later in the year for a trip to Whistler, will be meeting up with some mates form Malaysia there.....are there any hubbers that have been before who have some tips for me, or are their any hubbers that might wanna come along?Big%20smile

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Saffa....I'm going over for the annual Titus groupride. Date not set yet, but it'll be 1st or 2nd week in August. Planning on going the last week in July to watch and possibly volunteer at www.crankworx.com

Then spend a week roadtripping the interior of British Columbia and a week with the Titus boys riding Whistler and North Shore.

When you planning on going?

SARA has been, but I don't know if she'll share any tips.....she's a bit jealous Wink

still playing with dates and trying to come to agreement with buds in MAS......also trying to recover after my initial flight cost reserach Shocked

just the flights are in excess of around R10K, then park passes.....rental of bikes.....unless you take your own, otherwise excess baggage and insurance....accomodation....etc etc.....beer and nakedness money, oh no.,...sheesh i am getting depressed, better start pimping my puppies to the horny Boerboel next door......Cry

10k....that's not bad for Canada. Was told I could be in for 15k+

Although the Titus boys on MTBR have warned of severe sticker price shock if you walk into a liqour store. They're carting their beer in from the States LOL

Eish, thats not cheap... Of course I could just buy a one-way ticket and cut the costs in half! I'm sure they wouldnt mind if I just camp in the woods and survive off squirells and discarded energy bars for the rest of my natural life

well i did say in excess dammit, it is around R15k in fact...i forgot the taxes......SAFFA is ANGRY now......damn rand!!!!!

But still so interested.....

Another important issue: NAKEDNESS

Does anyone know what the quality of the Canadian wildlife is like?  Are there an "Big Breasted Bed Thrashers"?  Thats a type of bird....for your parental control freaks....Ouch

Are there an "Big Breasted Bed Thrashers"?  Thats a type of bird....Ouch

Well' date=' someone unfortunately posted elsewhere on this forum that these are rather scarce in Whistler....Disapprove

Another important issue: NAKEDNESS 

Automatically follows beer i'm told

Return flight to New York was 12500 ZAR's, apparently the PQ is very low in Whistler, always a bad thing!

I presume that PQ is the "Kitty Kat Quota" ??Tongue

Thanks Saffa.....i didn't quite know how to word that question! Embarrassed

That's ok, I'm allergic to the things anyways, especially the very hairy ones. I guess thats why I always end up with dogs...